CDR does not link to Recording Files of outbound calls that were transfered to another extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleportal

Jun 19, 2019
South Africa
www.parysinternet.co.za
When making an outbound call and the call is transferred to another extension, according to the CDR there is no recording for these calls. Therfore the user cannot download or listen to the recordings from the Call detail Records App.

The recordings, however, are corectly created in /var/lib/freeswitch/{ip}/archive directory and I can manually obtain the files using SCP.

I can replicate this now on 2 other boxes too. I tried logging this as a bug twice without a positive outcome.

Any help will be appreciated.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
In the eyeball at the end of the cdr record, what is the path to the recording or is it just not there? In the past the CDR page used to scan for the calluuid.mp3 or calluuid.wav etc. If you are saying the recording is there then how did you find it? Does it have a different UUID maybe because of the transfer?

teleportal

Jun 19, 2019
South Africa
www.parysinternet.co.za
Hi @DigitalDaz

I installed another PBX this morning for another client and can duplicate this problem on this system too.

I am desperate for a solution here and paying $500 subscription just to be able to report a bug is not an option.
On another Box running v4.2.5 this is not a problem.

Are there any other suggestions, even a consultant who can assist further?

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
It sounds like this is a bug, and bugs can be reported with a free FusionPBX.com account. The $500/month membership you speak of includes monthly continuing education, 3 hours of paid support, and a couple of additional modules.

I'd recommend creating a free FusionPBX.com account and reporting the bug. It sounds like you've done that already though. If you'd like the fix expedited, you can always jump into the IRC channel and request paid support from Mark to address it. I would imagine he will tell you to move to the Master Branch though, as the installer now by default is installing 4.5 Master rather than 4.4 stable due to additional security measures that have been implemented in the Master Branch.

Switching branches:
https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/advanced/upgrade.html

I'm running on 4.5 Master Branch myself and performed the same scenario you spoke of -- placed an outbound phone call and transferred that call to another extension and recording files for both instances of the phone call are showing up in the CDRs:
https://pasteboard.co/IkT9P2D.png

Last edited:

teleportal

Jun 19, 2019
South Africa
www.parysinternet.co.za
Tested this morning using a new install, v4.5.6, still no recording link.
Failed to mention, I use attended transfer as this is what the customer requires.

2.JPG

Using unattended transfer the recording for the second part of the call (after the transfer) is accessible from the CDR. The recording off before the call was transferred is not accessible.

1.JPG

hcqm

Sep 5, 2019
any update on this? I have 4.5.14 and still have some issues, sometimes recording link button is missing, although the wav files are there. My clients complain a lot..

Edson

Aug 1, 2017
Dears,
Is there any news about this issue/bug? Fusion 4.5.11 does not link File Recording with CDR when transfering a call to another extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.