Status
Not open for further replies.

SipTek

Sep 24, 2018
Does anyone have Fusion templates for the new Cisco phones? (Cisco 6800 series, 7800 series, and 8800 series)

I have a (2) 8841 Series phones, (1) 8851 Series phone and a Key expansion module that I want to test out with Fusion. The phones look great and the price is not much more than Yealink phones. If these phones work well with Fusion, they would make a nice addition to one's phone offering.

Looking for templates and any feedback from anyone that has any experience with these new Cisco phones and Fusion.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I just got an 8841 that I am so frustrated with that I want to smash it up already! Just getting firmware alone was such a pain in the ass. Combine this with a need for a cisco certificate, no rps type service and it looks a long way from matching yealink.

SipTek

Sep 24, 2018
I am told the new Cisco phones are replacing the SPA models. Here's what I got back from my distributor regarding templates "the SPA 514 or 525G templates should work for the 88XX series. Just remember the main limitation will be those templates were originally for those models so you'd be limited by # of line keys and what not. In terms of most function though I've found that the parameters haven't changed much. If you have the ability to customize those templates, I'd remove any lines referencing firmware for the older SPA phones as they cannot load on the 88xx line."

So I am going to see if I can't tweak a SPA514 template in fusion and get these working.

SipTek

Sep 24, 2018
I just got an 8841 that I am so frustrated with that I want to smash it up already! Just getting firmware alone was such a pain in the ass. Combine this with a need for a cisco certificate, no rps type service and it looks a long way from matching yealink.
Did you get a Mulitplatform version of the phone?

mickey

Sep 20, 2019
Any news using Cisco 8851 with FusionPBX? We've got a client who is very much set on using Cisco phones and I'm trying to get it to work with Fusion, I can auto provision them, but Parking or VM does not work properly. Anyone know how to get it working?

cainram

Nov 12, 2019
I'm working on that as we speak with about a dozen 8845s. I'd be very interested to find out how you got them provisioned. I wrote my own xml template for SEP{$mac}.cnf.xml with the variables in the right places (it seems) and they are working. I'm working on BLFs and parking right now. Let's compare notes.
I'm VERY new to FusionPBX and FreeSwitch. I've been an Asterisk, Digium and Polycom user until now.

Johnpbx

Feb 28, 2018
I'm working on that as we speak with about a dozen 8845s. I'd be very interested to find out how you got them provisioned. I wrote my own xml template for SEP{$mac}.cnf.xml with the variables in the right places (it seems) and they are working. I'm working on BLFs and parking right now. Let's compare notes.
I'm VERY new to FusionPBX and FreeSwitch. I've been an Asterisk, Digium and Polycom user until now.
Can you share the template? Looking for 8861

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I have a working 8851 including BLFs provisioned.

Made a few changes to original template

Code:
{foreach $keys["line"] as $row}
{if $row.device_key_category == "line"}
<!-- Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id} -->
<Extension_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{if {$row.device_key_type} == "disabled" or {$row.device_key_type} == "blf"}Disabled{else}{$row.device_key_line}{/if}</Extension_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<!-- This line detects if either "disabled" or "blf" is in the key type field and sets disabled in the extension field of the phone -->
<Short_Name_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{$row.device_key_label}</Short_Name_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{if $row.device_key_type == "shared"}shared{else}private{/if}</Share_Call_Appearance_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<Extended_Function_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{if {$row.device_key_type} == "blf"}fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub={$row.device_key_value}@{$domain_name};ext={$row.device_key_value}@{$domain_name}{else}{$row.device_key_value}{/if}</Extended_Function_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<!-- This line detects if blf was entered as they key type and populates the extended functions field on the phone with the right values for a BLF based the value entered in the line value field of the device. Note its uses the $doamin_name variable -->
{/if}
{/foreach}

possibly not needed
Code:
    <Auth_Resync-Reboot_1_ ua="na">No</Auth_Resync-Reboot_1_>
Added URI dialing for accounts 2-10. Account 1 was already enabled.
Code:
    <Enable_URI_Dialing_2_ ua="na">Yes</Enable_URI_Dialing_2_>

Don't remember reasoning for this change but it's in there too
Code:
<BXfer_To_Starcode_Enable ua="na">Yes</BXfer_To_Starcode_Enable>
<BXfer_On_Speed_Dial_Enable ua="na">Yes</BXfer_On_Speed_Dial_Enable>

Also changed the host name and pickup codes but the above snippets are the notable changes.

Reactions: mickey

mickey

Sep 20, 2019
I have a working 8851 including BLFs provisioned.

Made a few changes to original template

Code:
{foreach $keys["line"] as $row}
{if $row.device_key_category == "line"}
<!-- Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id} -->
<Extension_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{if {$row.device_key_type} == "disabled" or {$row.device_key_type} == "blf"}Disabled{else}{$row.device_key_line}{/if}</Extension_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<!-- This line detects if either "disabled" or "blf" is in the key type field and sets disabled in the extension field of the phone -->
<Short_Name_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{$row.device_key_label}</Short_Name_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{if $row.device_key_type == "shared"}shared{else}private{/if}</Share_Call_Appearance_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<Extended_Function_{$row.device_key_id}_ group="Phone/Line_Key_{$row.device_key_id}">{if {$row.device_key_type} == "blf"}fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub={$row.device_key_value}@{$domain_name};ext={$row.device_key_value}@{$domain_name}{else}{$row.device_key_value}{/if}</Extended_Function_{$row.device_key_id}_>
<!-- This line detects if blf was entered as they key type and populates the extended functions field on the phone with the right values for a BLF based the value entered in the line value field of the device. Note its uses the $doamin_name variable -->
{/if}
{/foreach}

possibly not needed
Code:
    <Auth_Resync-Reboot_1_ ua="na">No</Auth_Resync-Reboot_1_>
Added URI dialing for accounts 2-10. Account 1 was already enabled.
Code:
    <Enable_URI_Dialing_2_ ua="na">Yes</Enable_URI_Dialing_2_>

Don't remember reasoning for this change but it's in there too
Code:
<BXfer_To_Starcode_Enable ua="na">Yes</BXfer_To_Starcode_Enable>
<BXfer_On_Speed_Dial_Enable ua="na">Yes</BXfer_On_Speed_Dial_Enable>

Also changed the host name and pickup codes but the above snippets are the notable changes.
Thanks so much, after implementing the changes I have my Valet Parking working.

mickey

Sep 20, 2019
anyone was able to sync DND and Forwarding from the 8851 to the Fusion?

I've enabled Feature Key Sync but it's still not syncing.

Status
Not open for further replies.