Cisco SPA122 long delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Seeing some odd behavior with a SPA122. after a while it would no longer receive calls, I shortened the registration time from 3600 down and that seams to help but what I see now is if I call the external direct DID, it takes about 15+ seconds to start ringing if at all. Same with outbound calling via the SPA122 there is a long delay - calls work fine when answered but just a big delay before that.

Looking in fusion the external call shows up right away in the active calls but i dont get a ringing. I just tested now and after 60seconds i gave up, hung up, redial'd and it rang straight away - very inconsistent behavior.

the SPA122 is factory default with just the one sip profile and changed registration time - thats it

I found one article talking about editing the dial plan on the cisco (https://community.cisco.com/t5/atas...112-delay-before-processing-call/td-p/2271462)

this is the dialplan on the cisco - (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

has anyone used one of these with Fusion PBX ? really stuck here

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
A really good start will be to get a siptrace with sngrep, at least then you will find out whether the delay is fusionpbx or the device itself.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
I am trying to grab logs, I have sngrep open, the debug open on the device but the last 4 times ive tested it, its worked!

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
So i did a test, i had full debug turned on on the SPA and it was not showing anything at all, the line was ringing from my test handset but nothing showing on the SPA, sngrep was showing invites being sent

then after about 45seconds, the ringing tone changed and the SPA logs show it was getting the call

I hungup and redialed and the call went right through to the SPA and the logs show it was getting the call - so very odd

it almost seams like the spa is not listing for call, its logs are empty, but after it gets a call it will then respond right away....

I tried again a few mins later, and same again the SPA does not show a incomming call for about 60seconds, then the ringing tone changes and it shows up right away

Status
Not open for further replies.