Click to Call I dont get the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Hi

After a very long week working from home and getting a few things sorted with our PBX after I upgraded it i seen the Click to Call app. For some reason most probably ,y lack of knowledge I just dont see the point its just a quick to pick up the phone.

Please feel free to bombard me with insults if you like for being stupid or just give me an idea what i could be using it for.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I haven't found it especially useful, but it allows you to click on any number in fusiopbx gui and it will call your extension then make a call to the number clicked. (assuming you have an extension assigned to your user account)

Could be used to make a call from contacts saved in the fusion directory.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
Think about having a database of 100,000 potential customers that you need to cold call. Now think about putting their telephone numbers on a web page and using click-to-dial.

We have a customer that uses Zoiper's click-to-dial browser pluggin. It's scary how any calls they can crank out.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Think about having a database of 100,000 potential customers that you need to cold call. Now think about putting their telephone numbers on a web page and using click-to-dial.

We have a customer that uses Zoiper's click-to-dial browser pluggin. It's scary how any calls they can crank out.
I can see that side of it using zoiper but not the stand alone feature on Fusion. I take it thats why it hidden by default unless you enable it in the menu manger. Trying to look at a way for one of our customers using the contact for this.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
Not sure if that plugin works or not. My point is that Chrome plugins like this use the "click-to-call" app within Fusionpbx.

Please feel free to bombard me with insults if you like for being stupid or just give me an idea what i could be using it for.
I'm just giving you an idea of what it is used for.

Reactions: Andyd358

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
interesting, I was looking for something like this the other day. the chrome plugin works perfect, pretty cool

wonder if there is one for windows so it works over the whole OS

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
interesting, I was looking for something like this the other day. the chrome plugin works perfect, pretty cool

wonder if there is one for windows so it works over the whole OS
Not so perfect. You can find where is installed for .js files (or search for the source in internet), and it uses a couple of regex to parse digits. I think it doesn't handle well when number if between some characters like () or spaces or -. Don't remember well... But you could need to fix that on .js files

Status
Not open for further replies.