Click to call

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
I need a click to call app that works with Google Chrome. We need to have capabilities similar to Skype where a user can click on any phone number and have it dial. Has anyone had any luck with the stuff that's out there?

Matthew Main

Jan 24, 2017
I asked Mr Crane for this same option, i believe he is working on something, the RFC standard for other click to dial TAPI are not compatible with fusion / free-switch, that might have changed now

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
Here's what I did (using a multi tenant install):

Add tenants domain to the ssl certificate
Create a user in Fusion

Chrome:
Install the Chrome addon "SIP Caller click to call"
Configure it to use HTTP Get

Code:
https://url-of-tenant/app/click_to_call/click_to_call.php?username=<USER>&password=<PASS>&src_cid_name=Web+Call+-+$NUMBER&src_cid_number=<MY-NUMBER>&dest_cid_name=&dest_cid_number=&src=<MY-XTN>&dest=$NUMBER&auto_answer=&rec=&ringback=us-ring

Firefox:
install Telify
Protocol: Custom URL

Custom URL:
Code:
https://url-of-tenant/app/click_to_call/click_to_call.php?username=<USER>&password=<PASS>&src_cid_name=Web+Call+-+$0&src_cid_number=<MY-NUMBER>&dest_cid_name=&dest_cid_number=&src=<MY-XTN>&dest=$0&auto_answer=&rec=&ringback=us-ring

Open link: silently in background

Now a phone number on a web page will be made into a link - click it and your phone starts ringing. Answer your phone, then it dials out

I also found using this, forwarding and follow me rules are followed

Last edited:

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
I have a small windows .net app that does this in all applications. PM me if interested.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have a small windows .net app that does this in all applications. PM me if interested.
Hi Yukon, I have an interest in click to call would you share your .net app (Long. Long time since I have done any .net programming).

pacmen

May 13, 2018
Do you know about an apps that can read an ios contact and make click to call out of them?

May 16, 2017
The above is working for us and we have built this into our custom crm. Does anyone know how to stop the actaul fusion URL from appearing?

May 16, 2017
Sorry EasyBB i mean when the call gets triggered and the person answers the softphone a seperate browser window pops logged into fusionpbx showing the click to call result. We dont want the client to see this popping.

@ Char1 we have created a seperate click to call user for this. How will the admin password change effect this please.

Kind Regards

Andy

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
We dont want the client to see this popping.
Hi Andy, I don't know how you've set up click to call so won't be able to comment on your specific issue.

I don't get any pop ups from my click to call software. This is how my webapp works:
  1. Web page shows a combined name and number entries from both Fusion contacts and our CRM
  2. Phone numbers on the page are clickable, which fires an AJAX request to server
  3. User need to enter their extension number on this page which is saved to browser local storage and can be cleared any time.
  4. AJAX POST request sends two parameters, extension number and destination number
  5. Server checks, verifies incoming request to make sure it is coming from a known source and input is safe to process
  6. If IP and/or extension verification fails, the request is discarded
  7. Server creates the URL string and sends it to Fusion
I'll show you the function where CTC URL is sent from web server to Fusion:

PHP:
    public function ctcMakeSipCall($ext, $dest)
    {
        $pbxName = 'IP or Domain Name of FusionPBX';
        $user = 'ctc-user';
        $pass = 'TopSecret';

$url = 'https://'. $pbxName .'/app/click_to_call/click_to_call.php?';
        $url .=    'username='. $user;
        $url .=    '&password='. $pass;
        $url .=    '&src_cid_name=Call to ';
        $url .=    '&src_cid_number=' . $dest;
        $url .=    '&dest_cid_name=Private';
        $url .=    '&dest_cid_number='. $ext;
        $url .=    '&src='. $ext;
        $url .=    '&dest='. $dest;
        $url .=    '&rec=false';
        $url .=    '&ringback=uk-ring';

$ch = curl_init();
        $timeout = 5;
        $userAgent = 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i586; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0';
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $userAgent);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FAILONERROR, true);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 10);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); // return value as a string instead of outputting directly
        $data = curl_exec($ch);
        curl_close($ch);
        return $data;
    }

Last edited:

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
Hey @Johnpbx. How about opening a new thread instead of responding to a dead thread from over a year ago?
A simple reference to this thread (even though it's entirely irrelevant) will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.