Customized Ringback tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwangmien

Oct 3, 2018
Hi,

Currently, when there is an incoming call to a DID number, Fusion PBX plays back a ringing tone to the caller.

Does anyone know how to customize the Ringback tone to a music type of ringback tone ? Instead of hearing ringing, the caller hears music.

Thanks.

Regards,
Kwang Mien

comdif

Apr 18, 2019
France
This is a nice tool speed and usefull thanks, it not solve my problem but surely solve many other format problems :)

topogigio

Jun 17, 2019
Hi,
I've same problem. Selecting a music as ring back to music does not change anything, still hearing ringing.
Using the same selection as greeting I can hear it, so the file is ok. Also using default moh as ring back musing doesn't change nothing.

Any idea?
thanks

topogigio

Jun 17, 2019
It seems that the key is the "answer" action, that a "default" Destination does not set in dp. I noticed that in this case, if I call to a ring group, while phones are ringing the call has not been answered, and this explains why I hear ring tones instead of music. If my Destination has the action=answer, the call is answered and while phones are ringing I hear the music.
Is this right?
thanks

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No, not really, it will work but arguably it is a terrible thing to do.

By setting action answer, you are doing just that so now the person who is ringing is paying for the privilege of hearing your ringback, ie the call is now being charged even though there is no answer. In some countries this would also be iillegal. There should definitely be a way of getting this to play in the early media stage of the call, before it is answered. You could possibly have a scenario where your carrier is blocking custom ringback.

comdif

Apr 18, 2019
France
My god ! I'm working on PBX market since many many years I work both for Wholesale, callshop, call center and company maket.
This feature is required only for corporate PBX and Fusionpbx seem to be one of them.
Corporate IPBX not able to play a message during call progress is just unsaleable in my country, this feature is very important.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Are you listening? Just because you are not incapable of implementing it does not mean that the PBX cannot do it. If you intend to go making money from it, get on the classes, you will learn it there and stop whinging about detailed instructions you are not getting for free.

comdif

Apr 18, 2019
France
@DigitalDaz My job is not to sale IPBX or Voip trunks, my job is telecom technology consultant, I get money only for this skill and I don't need more.
Basicaly I spend my time to check products on the market and listen my customers specification, I realy think Fusionpbx is a killer product as I have
I spent at least 300 hours of my life to test it.
I'm also dev and I can understain that all work merits salary, I have working 4/5 years of my life to make opensource code and support peoples for free for my free job.
You'r on the good way with fusionpbx your success will come !

Status
Not open for further replies.