Daylight savings Time (US)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Loiterman

Jan 23, 2018
Here in the US we've just ended DST. But, none of my phones have had the correct time pushed to them.

I run NTP on the Debian server on which FreeSWITCH and Fusion are running and that has updated its time correctly, but my phones (polycom and yealink) have not pushed the clock ahead by an hour. What can I do to fix this?

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
Same problem here. The server has the correct time. Default Settings: Time_Zone set to right zone, yealink_time_ zone set to -5 (for us)
Variables has the right timezone?

We shouldn't have to re-provision the phones do we?

Not sure what else to look at?

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
Currently the timezone should be -4 for us (DST off), yet I have yealink_time_zone set for -5. Does that mean I have to change it manually?

dougs

Mar 1, 2018
Looks like the default start day is wrong... It is set to March 12th and not March 11th. Also, I'm not sure what the daylight_savings_start_weekday being set to 7 does... is Sunday or Monday day 1? If they were trying to say that it should be the 7th day of the week of March 12th and Monday is day 1 then that means they're a week off... but it looks like DST did begin 3/12 last year so they are probably just manually updating it instead of figuring out a way to program the 2nd Sunday of March.

1520863480814.png

Reactions: phonesimon

dougs

Mar 1, 2018
Guys... Daylight savings began yesterday it didn't end. So last week we were in Standard Time now we're in Daylight Savings Time... just an FYI.

dougs

Mar 1, 2018
Changing daylight_savings_start_day to 11 resolved the issue. If you're on Polycom's it doesn't require a reboot but you'd need to manually update the config by going to Settings>Basic>Update Configuration>Yes and it fixes it... Not sure if there's a way to do that remotely with out rebooting the phones.

1520863796568.png

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
Thanks for the reply...I guess you can always go to STATUS->REGISTRATIONS and 're'-provision all the phones to get the right settings?

By the way for that matter, day light savings ends Sunday March 4th, not the 5th as entered in fusion.

dougs

Mar 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply...I guess you can always go to STATUS->REGISTRATIONS and 're'-provision all the phones to get the right settings?

By the way for that matter, day light savings ends Sunday March 4th, not the 5th as entered in fusion.

No... Daylight Savings began yesterday March 11th, 2018 it ends on November 5th, 2018. Not sure where you're getting March 4th and 5th.

Mike Loiterman

Jan 23, 2018
Yes, I made the change this morning and have had the right time every since.

Yeah, I can confirm that it fixes my Polycoms, but my yealink is still wrong. Additionally, it shows time in 24 hour format. Any ideas how I can get the DST issue (and hopefully the time format) issue fixed on Yealink?

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
My yealinks do not have the correct time even with the change in daylight_savings_start_day set to 11.

As for the yealink time format you need to look at this setting:
1520908380819.png

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
Why is it that when I look at the yealink provision cfg file (i.e. http://domain/app/provision/12345678.cfg) I find that the time setting is not set?

#######################################################################################
## Time ##
#######################################################################################
#Configure the time zone and time zone name. The time zone ranges from -11 to +12, the default value is +8.
#local_time.time_zone = +8
#local_time.time_zone_name = China(Beijing)
local_time.time_zone =
local_time.time_zone_name =

Status
Not open for further replies.