Dect Phone recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Hi

Ive been asked to source a cordless dect phone. The stipulation is that it must not have a separate hub for example the charger for the phone is also the hub that connects to the network. If that makes sense.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I don't understand why individuals make such stipulations, they are significantly reducing their choice of device for apparently no good reason!

The Yealink DECT phones have performed brilliantly for us, we have lots of them in service, but they all have a separate base station (hub). I don't see this as an issue, in fact it is an advantage because you can hide the base away in a cupboard or roof space etc. and then just have a small and neat charger on the desk.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
I don't understand why individuals make such stipulations, they are significantly reducing their choice of device for apparently no good reason!

The Yealink DECT phones have performed brilliantly for us, we have lots of them in service, but they all have a separate base station (hub). I don't see this as an issue, in fact it is an advantage because you can hide the base away in a cupboard or roof space etc. and then just have a small and neat charger on the desk.
Adrian I totally agree with you on this one, but on this occasion these phones are going into peoples actual homes until they can return to work and may also be getting passed around to different houses (Care workers). Hence the need for a more compact solution.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I see the problem. We have also been putting in devices for temporary homeworkers. Not the cheapest solution, but the Yealink T54W (not a DECT phone, just wireless) works well where people don't have a CAT5 connection at the location they want to work, but do have decent WiFi.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I second Adrian's sentiments.
For remote workers we have had best success with WiFi capable devices. Also do yourself a favor and setup TLS on your switch if you haven't already. Far less home router headaches when using TLS.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
I see the problem. We have also been putting in devices for temporary homeworkers. Not the cheapest solution, but the Yealink T54W (not a DECT phone, just wireless) works well where people don't have a CAT5 connection at the location they want to work, but do have decent WiFi.
Adrian thanks for that suggestion howerver they have to be able to cary the phone around on them. I knwo pita :)

Status
Not open for further replies.