delete one ext + voicemail - all extentions gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Has anyone seen this bug before, I went to delete a single extension and it asked if I wanted to delete the voicemail also, bam next screen ALL the extensions have gone, system is still working and all extensions are registered, but i can't see any of them in the HTTP GUI, its very odd and concerning.

I have backups and i am working on those, but little worrying. it seams its just the GUI thats wrong as everything else seams to be working even after a reboot of the box

anyone seen this before ?

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
lol yah that would have helped

fusion: 4.5.15
debian 9.11

I tried rebooting it, and then a complete upgrade of fusion but nether brought the extensions back, everything was still working tho

I then booted up a snap shot from the day before, went into extensions and did a full export then into the build that had them all missing and imported, this brought them back but I am not sure if this really is a fix,

All the voicemail box's are also gone, but going to /var/lib/freeswitch/storage/voicemail/default/thedomain and doing ls -LR shows the folders and some with voicemails in, but the voicemail tab in the GUI is completely empty

it almost seams like the GUI and freeswitch have become out of sync, with all the extensions missing but everything still functioning.

the missing extensions only affected one domain.

i have snapshots of the system before i did anything so right after it happened, for testing, really odd

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Have you looked at the database?
Code:
root@ha2estest2:/home# su postgres
postgres@a2estest2:/home$ psql fusionpbx
psql (11.9 (Debian 11.9-0+deb10u1))
Type "help" for help.

fusionpbx=# select * from v_extensions;

How many are there? Alternatively you could do a select count(*) from v_extensions;

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
there were 15 that went missing, I just checked that following your instructions and they are not listed, just the few from another domain

i can confirm 100% that when I deleted one I only had 1 ext selected

its crazy that they are missing, but all ext were still working, freeswitch seamed fine.

I am concerned that my export / import of extensions via CSV is not a fix, but everything seams to be working. I had to re-enable the voicemail box's but as per my post earlier, all the folders with recording are still there but show show in the voicemail app

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hmm... Things like this are worrying. We desperately need a new stable version of FusionPBX so, in production, we are at least all comparing like with like when we try to investigate each others problems.

Do you have a rollback option in Advanced->transactions? Can you see your delete action in there?

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
I had a look in there and can only see a delete for the single ext that I wanted to delete, that's it, I undo that and that ext came back but the rest are gone

so this confirms I only instructed it to delete 1 ext with voicemail but it wiped out all of them...

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
I just completely recreated the same thing on another domain on the same server, I restored the image of the problem server to test with, went into another domain, clicked 1 ext and deleted with voicemail and boom it wiped out all extensions

checked the transactions and it only lists the 1 i selected to delete.

same result if I delete ext only and not voicemail. I can consistently re-create the issue on a test domain, create 10 extensions, delete 1 and it wipes them all out.

very interesting

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Ok, I will test on my latest test box currently running v4.5.19. I'll let you know what happens.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I cannot replicate the problem on v4.5.19.

I am using a Debian 10 desktop (Not Wayland) and my browser is Firefox 78.4.0 esr.

Have you tried using a different desktop computer / browser?

s1766333

Dec 2, 2017
4.5.15 is something like 5 to 7 months old approximately. This bug was fixed soon after it was discovered. The delete was fixed to save all items that were deleted as well. Your best fix is to upgrade.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
ok that is really useful to know @s1766333 - where would I have read about this bug, sorry if that's a silly question

I tried upgrading and it did not help bring the extensions or VMs back

however I exported the extensions from a backup and restored them and that brought them back into the GUI, I did a test re-provision and that seemed to work. All the voicemail box's are gone however the recordings are still on the server, If turn VM off and on for an extension it works again but does not bring back the actual messages

I tested in another domain on the same install and the issue is gone. Any advice for anything else I should do to mitigate the damage this caused you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.