Destinations setup: New Voice, Fax, and Text 'Usage' options - Anyone have more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KangarooWho

Sep 24, 2018
Hello fellow FusionPBX community members,

I've noticed the arrival of three new assignable 'Usage' options for Destination Entry configuration in Master Branch ver 4.5.3. Does anyone have further information regarding the details of checking these options? Are they assigning a tag simply for reporting, CDR, etc? Or do they enable or drop attempting to decode DTMF/rfc2833 and/or fax CED/CNG tones based on the option(s) selected?

This could mean good news (with a lot of work). We could plan to upgrade some of our customers, and then subsequently go through their DID entries and assign correct Options for those that have had trouble with some of their older POTS lines and fax throughput. This might be the fix that some have been waiting for. Unless it's only for CDR streamlining / processing, which would still be a good thing! I am happy either way, but, as a FusionPBX Supporting Member, I missed the latest Admin, Advanced, and regular monthly meeting if it was mentioned

Capture.JPG

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
So far it is mostly just informative.
The text field will be used for the updated SMS app once he finishes it other features based on the new fields will come sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.