Device app

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConFusious

Dec 1, 2020
I have several domains where I have successfully created devices and provisioned phones. Today I tried to create a device in a new domain. After created the device and saved it successfully, it did not appear in a list. I thought I made some kind of error so I repeated the device creation and this time it came back with a duplicate device error. I tried adding a new device in a domain where I have already created devices and get the same thing. The only thing I have done before that was create a new user group for the domain I was working in and added a user in the group and set the permissions for that user. Since then I have deleted those entries but it didn't help. How can I troubleshoot this? This ever happen to anyone else?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
When you were creating the device (before saving), was the correct domain showing in the "Domain" select box for the device record?

Did you try a "Show All" in the device listing to try and find what had been created?

ConFusious

Dec 1, 2020
Yes the correct domain was there. I did a show all and my device wasn't there. Actually I have attempted to build 4 devices in 3 different domains. None are listed.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hmm... Sounds like it could be a bug, what software version are you running?

Clearly something has been created otherwise you would not see the duplicate device error. If you are comfortable with SQL you could always query the devices table (v_devices) to see what is actually in it. There are several other tables used to store device data namely:
v_device_keys
v_device_lines
v_device_profile_keys
v_device_profile_settings
v_device_profiles
v_device_settings
v_device_vendor_function_groups
v_device_vendor_functions
v_device_vendors

Unless anyone else can chip in with ideas once we know your versions (OS, Fusion etc.), it may be worth heading over to https://www.fusionpbx.com/ opening and account if you have not already done so, and then raising a bug report.

ConFusious

Dec 1, 2020
OK There seems to be something different going on then in the past. maybe an update changed things. What I am trying to do is use my limited amount of test phones for testing in whatever domain I need to. so I am configuring devices with the same MAC in different domains. This has worked in the past but now no. I finally noticed an error message indicating what domain the duplicate was in. Sure enough, once I made those MACs different , I could add my device. so now you can't use the same MAC for devices in different domains. I am getting around that by changing the mac address to something different. and leaving the device there.

Status
Not open for further replies.