SOLVED Device Profiles and Expansion modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hello all, I would appreciate any views on this before I go down the "hacking code myself" route.

I have just started the provisioning set up for a Yealink T48s that has three expansion modules. The problem is that in the Device Profiles editor, the Keys category only has the options for Expansion-1 and Expansion-2.

I read in the Yealink_EXP40_User_Guide_V16_4.pdf that...
"Up to six expansion modules can be daisy-chained to a single T48S/T48G/T46S/T46G host phone, offering a maximum of 240 Ext keys per phone."

Can anyone guide me through the best way of adding extra expansion modules to the Keys category?

Update: I have raised a ticket for this with the Fusion team. But I still may need to implement a more immediate workaround.

Last edited:

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
I haven't thought about that limitation in provisioning daisy chained expansion modules.

Not the best solution but what I've done in the past is:
Copy a t4x profile
Name it t4x_expansion
Delete anything that hasn't got to do with expansion keys
Extend the number of keys to the N number of units
Maintain this single file for x user
Simply select the new profile against the device and hit provision when update is needed

It's not great but this way (for my purposes) there was a single file to maintain and a drop down plus the provision button gets it out.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Thank you @JamesBorne Your suggestion will solve my immediate needs.

The Fusion team say that this was addressed on version 4.5.x and whilst I agree that the latest templates now contain entries for Expansion modules 1 to 6, the Fusion GUI does not. I tested this on a fresh git pull this evening. So I'm still trying to keep the team interested in the GUI issue.

I can't get a screenshot of the profiles page with the select box dropped down, but if I look at the page source, it can clearly be seen that only expansion 1 and 2 are available:
Code:
<select class='formfld' name='device_profile_keys[0][profile_key_category]'>
    <option value='line'>Line</option>
    <option value='memory'>Memory</option>
    <option value='programmable'>Programmable</option>
    <option value='expansion'>Expansion 1</option>
    <option value='expansion-2'>Expansion 2</option>
</select>

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I just checked on lastest Master branch on the Device Edit page it shows Expansion 1 - Expansion 6.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I just checked on lastest Master branch on the Device Edit page it shows Expansion 1 - Expansion 6.
Mark, Thank you for coming back so promptly. You are correct Expansion 1 to 6 do show up in the Device Edit page. But only Expansion 1 to 2 show up in the Device Profile Edit page.

I believe the issue is with device_profile_edit.php

Status
Not open for further replies.