Distinctive Ring on Queue or Call Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Fox

Mar 21, 2018
Does anyone know a way to add distinctive ring to a call center queue? While I'm sure there's a way to add the alert_info SIP information from the FreeSWITCH side, I'm looking for a way to accomplish this through the FusionPBX GUI. Modifying the Dial Plan is an option too, but not preferred.

To qualify my need a little better, I want to be able to have users distinguish between personal/direct calls (internal or external) from those calls that are routed to them from the IVR / Queue. There is an additional need to have CDR records that show how the caller was transferred to the callee (e.g. they selected the customer service option vs the sales option). This second requirement eliminates using Ring Groups as they do not show in the CDR records as a destination , though they do have both the prepend and distinctive ring options I'm looking for.

The simplest solution, I can think of, is to set an agent to use a ring group as it's destination. Beyond the obvious bastardization of the feature set to accomplish the goal (I would have to use a fake extension that is forwarded to the ring group), I don't like the idea of an "agent" being able to log off the whole ring group. Of course, I'd also lose any agent functionality in the process. This system is small enough that we could use Queues instead of Call Center, so the loss of agent-level capabilities would be an option.

Thought would be helpful? Thanks in advance.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
You can prepend data to the caller ID of a call passing through a queue call center. This would be a visual solution. For example, say you prepend Q- and a call with caller ID of John Doe comes in. The user will see Q-John Doe on their phone instead of John Doe.

Craig Fox

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks for the response

I am hoping for an audible solutions as most of these users are not next to their phone. Something really annoying like Red Alert from Trek :)

• Haha
Reactions: ict2842
Status
Not open for further replies.