SOLVED Extension not registering - AWS - FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Mar 30, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am new to FusionPBX. Installed successfully in AWS. Gateway registered but extension not connecting.

AWS - Debian - Instance.
Gateway - OK
Extension - Registration failed.
Private IP 173.x.x.x
Publix IP Y.Y.Y.Y

I tried to update the ext-sip-ip, ext-rtp-ip with public ip still couldnt connect using zoiper.

Any pointers please..

nathan

Mar 30, 2018
Hi, After few hours of struggling I have managed to make the extension connecting successfully but no audio on out going call.
No rtp activity and call disconnecting on trunk after 30 seconds.
Out going call reaching the sip provider but call not landing on B leg and no ringing sound.
Looks like NAT issue. Has any one ever solved this issue in AWS - EC2

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Its almost certainly NAT, some sip traces would definitely help, I have run FusionPBX on Google cloud and AWS before.

nathan

Mar 30, 2018
Thanks a lot for responding in holiday. First of all, trying to launch a production grade cloud pbx in AWS is really worth? I mean is AWS ok to launch cloud based Voip/PBX business?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'd be wary and traffic is not cheap at all on any of these services.

With fusionpbx I would recommend a pair of dedicated servers in different datacenters with BDR for replicating the DB.

I really don't see AWS or GCP bringing anything to the table. A single host with them gives no more security than any other server.

nathan

Mar 30, 2018
I just took one dedicated server from ovh, installed, debian 8, installed fusionpbx.
Singled dedicated IP every where and no internal IP or NATing.
Externsion registered successfully.
When I make call between extension, I can hear the ring tone but no audio.
When I make a an outgoing call, No ring tone, no audio.
Strange, I even put my system in DMZ to avoid and port block by my ISP.
Any pointers please.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Don't do ANYTHING at your end to try and help with nat, except, if you have it, enable rport on the endpoint.

nathan

Mar 30, 2018
Hi, Basically I m testing using my x-lite and zoiper application on my Windows desktop.
I just realised that even with my other SIP - Asterisk based server I am not able to hear the voice.
First thing I will try to test with proper device (with an ATA router).
I will update the progress.

nathan

Mar 30, 2018
Thanks a lot. All of sudden the zoiper in my system working with voice. Not sure what is the reason. Currently testing in 4G network on iphone. Incoming call successfully received and able to hear the voice but outgoing from mobile app to other extension or other mobile/landline call being rejected immediately with 403 forbidden.
Same extension number is working in x-lite in windows system.
Lot of progress today.

Status
Not open for further replies.