SOLVED Fax attachment and LibreOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

aitp/nadmin

May 11, 2019
Hi there Fusion community!

I noticed that in the fax server new fax page there is a note which states that doc and other MS type formats require libreoffice... Does this mean that I can simply install libreoffice on the PBX machine and I will be able to use those formats? Or am I missing anything critical? Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Respectfully,

aitp/nadmin

bbardon

Jun 20, 2020
Yes.

apt install libreoffice-writer libreoffice-calc

and the other formats will begin working.

Does anyone know if the default setting allowed_extension has any effect? I did not add any of the word processing or spreadsheet extensions there, but they all preview OK in the Fax Portal.

aitp/nadmin

May 11, 2019
@bbardon ,
Thank you for this. My inquiry is resolved.
@Metcom,
I do wonder what the difference is too... It usually isnt too long before one of the staples like DAZ or Mike show up to clarify things...

kt351b

Feb 24, 2020
installed libreoffice can fax new formats using new but not email to fax
Hello, Metcom. I posted a thread with a question about email to fax.
I installed: "libreoffice libreoffice-base libreoffice-common libreoffice-java-common", and added at Default Settings --> Fax --> allowed_extension .txt, .doc --> Reload. And now I can send a fax with .txt or .doc documents via the "New" at the web-page, but when I sent fax via email-to-fax, I got an error like "file is not found". My Email to fax works with .pdf and .tiff attachments, so this is a problem with file conversions.
Now I found your answer where you told that "can fax new formats using new but not email to fax". Can you please share your experience with email-to-fax and not .pdf/tiff attachments. Did you solve this problem?
My thread about email-to-fax and libreoffice: https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/email-to-fax-txt-doc-file-extensions.4947/

Status
Not open for further replies.