Feature code to change a recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Dec 8, 2020
I am moving customers from freepbx over to fusion and have encountered a slight issue, I have a IVR on freepbx that has the feature codes to change recordings based on the customers needs. They use this quite a lot and would need to have something similar on fusion. I was wondering if there is a way for me to set this up on fusion. I'm not very good at explaining things so I'll go a little more in depth in hopes you can understand what I'm asking.

I'd like the customer to be able to call into their IVR and be able to dial a feature code/option that will allow them to edit a specific recording so that they do not have to wait on me every time they need to change a recording since they change them regularly. Is this possible to do?

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
I am moving customers from freepbx over to fusion and have encountered a slight issue, I have a IVR on freepbx that has the feature codes to change recordings based on the customers needs. They use this quite a lot and would need to have something similar on fusion. I was wondering if there is a way for me to set this up on fusion. I'm not very good at explaining things so I'll go a little more in depth in hopes you can understand what I'm asking.

I'd like the customer to be able to call into their IVR and be able to dial a feature code/option that will allow them to edit a specific recording so that they do not have to wait on me every time they need to change a recording since they change them regularly. Is this possible to do?
I would add an option on main ivr like "99" that goes to recording option then I would put a recording in the ivr they wanna change with the number like 1234 and every time they wanna change the recording to overwrite 1234 evrytime they wanna change the recording .

Hope this is helpful

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
As with most things Freeswitch/Fusionpbx, there are a few ways to accomplish your goal.
What I normally do if the customer plans to record a main greeting often is copy the "recordings" dial plan (*732) and give it a new code to dial for each greeting.and make a few changes to the copied dial plan to simplify things for the customer.
For example, *7321 for greeting 1, *7322 for greeting 2, and so on.
In the copied dial plan I statically set the id to match the code recording_id=01, recording_id=02, and so on.

If the recording code is only to be dialed from internal extensions, I may remove the pin_number or make it a simple code for the customer to remember.

If you want the recordings dial plans to be available in an IVR menu, you will also need to set "destination" (in top right block of options) to true. Also edit the "description" field for the dial plan to make it easier to identify in the IVR menu.

Then in the IVR, create the option you want to use, then choose "dialplans" as destination and select the appropriate recordings dial plan.

I've found some customers need the hand holding scenario of creating an IVR menu just for the recordings options. such as a "recordings IVR" option 1=record main day greeting, option 2=record main night greeting, option 3=record sub menu 1 greeting, etc. So there would need a recording dial plan for each of the options built to "preset" the recording ID via the dial plan.

Other customers can handle using the default recordings dial plan as is, by just telling them here is the pin_number and use id 1 for this, id 2 for that, etc.

Reactions: bdmonsey
Status
Not open for further replies.