FusionPBX App Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanredeagle

Apr 17, 2019
La Porte, IN
haway.io
Is there a guide anywhere on developing new apps for FusionPBX? I'd like to build a simple UI for Emergency Notifications, but I can't find any docs on custom apps. And in looking at existing apps, it looks like there's a lot of boilerplate code happening on every file.

Thanks!

Samael28

Apr 5, 2017
There is no guide or so, so I assume you will have to follow the usual path - take some simple app (I was starting from Call Flow) and adopt it to your needs.

Reactions: bryanredeagle

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
As mentioned find a simple application and use it as an example. I started FusionPBX on the pfSense platform as the FreeSWITCH package. The pfSense developers accepted me and gave me more access and over time I earned it with work and little improvements and bug fixes and built trust. If you don't want to do that then study and do your own work.

bryanredeagle

Apr 17, 2019
La Porte, IN
haway.io
I don't mind putting in the work. I scoured Snom docs so that I could build better provisioning templates, and I'm currently digging into their minibrowser docs to see how possible/useful various phone apps would be to users.

I had just hoped that there was a doc that said, "you need these files to get an app going" and "you need these files to interact with the database" and "this is how a page is templated". At the moment, because I'm still getting familiar with how things are organized on a per app basis, I'm trying to cross reference several apps to see which pieces are necessary to keep anything I build consistent with the rest.

If I get some extra time, I'll write my findings into a helpful doc for people.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.