FusionPBX for email to fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roget Hoffman

Nov 24, 2017
Hello

I was wondering if someone can give me some guidance in setting up an email to fax scenario so that users can send an email to 1234567890@some.domain.com and send it out via fusionpbx. from the limited information on the internet, seems complex, but something to get me started would be great.

thanks in advance

phonesimon

Apr 21, 2017
Hello

I was wondering if someone can give me some guidance in setting up an email to fax scenario so that users can send an email to 1234567890@some.domain.com and send it out via fusionpbx. from the limited information on the internet, seems complex, but something to get me started would be great.

thanks in advance

I have done this on a different platform. It is complex. Here are the steps in a nutshell.

Set up an e-mail domain and parser. If you want a shortcut, there are services like Sendgrid that will receive e-mail for you and deliver them to you by HTTP API with all the parts separated out into different POST variables. Come up with some logic to match and authenticate the sender. If valid, process the message using logic to extract the target, cover page text, and fax body (attachments). You may need to convert attachments to TIFF or a file format the software can understand. Queue it up for sending with the fax server. Set up a callback so that you can get status information back after the fax has been attempted.

phonesimon

Apr 21, 2017
Hey Roget, I just found that FusionPBX has this built in - some other guys were discussing it on the forum. I guess it's a hidden / undocumented feature. Do a search for recent posts on the subject of fax.

Status
Not open for further replies.