FusionPBX on Freebsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

artioni81

Nov 11, 2017
Hi, I was trying to install FusionPBX on a FreeBSD jail using the instructions found here but encountered some problems. First of all with the installation of Postgresql: it needs allow.sysvipc=1 setting for the jail to successfully initiate.
After that the user/role creation failed with ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xc5 0x34; seems it has to do with password=$(cat /dev/random | env LC_CTYPE=C tr -dc a-zA-Z0-9 | head -c 20)
even if I changed the passwords to something like 111111111111 just to go on with the installation and get to the GUI I couldn't login. Trying reset_admin_password.sh throws the error that it couldn't find /usr/bin/php. In fact it is located in /usr/local/bin/php

Has anyone encountered this kind of errors? Have anyone had success installing FusionPBX on a FreeBSD or a FreeBSD jail?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have installed to BSD jails but years go. I do not know the current state of the FreeBSD installer, you may be better off in IRC and looking for matthewearl or mcrane.

mcrane is the script writer but I know matthewearl does a lot with FreeBSD and jails.

I gave up on the FreeBSD due to the fact that there is no fail2ban and that plays a larger part in security these days.

artioni81

Nov 11, 2017
I have installed to BSD jails but years go. I do not know the current state of the FreeBSD installer, you may be better off in IRC and looking for matthewearl or mcrane.

mcrane is the script writer but I know matthewearl does a lot with FreeBSD and jails.

I gave up on the FreeBSD due to the fact that there is no fail2ban and that plays a larger part in security these days.

Thanks a lot. I'll try to hear mcrane. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.