FusionPBX registers over the internet and can receive calls but can't make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo007

Jan 13, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I am new to FusionPBX and recently installed it on the AWS Lightsail server. The server has a private and public IP. I also have a DNS configured for the public IP.
The problem I am facing is that the softphone can register and receive calls through the wifi (home network) or 5G but can only call when on wifi. I am trying to do an ext. to ext call over the internet.

Please help.

TurabG

Aug 25, 2022
I had similar problem and it turned out I forgot to forward RTP ports when moving the config from local to a VPS (just like yours, it has a public and private IP). Have you configured RTP ports to forward from the public IP to the local one? (If there is a firewall or NAT involved of course.)

KNERD

Jun 29, 2022
I had similar problem and it turned out I forgot to forward RTP ports when moving the config from local to a VPS (just like yours, it has a public and private IP). Have you configured RTP ports to forward from the public IP to the local one? (If there is a firewall or NAT involved of course.)
The thing is they are saying cannot receive calls while on WiFI, I guess. Their statement seems to contract itself. With RTP problems, the call would still go through via SIP signalling, but would not hear audio on one or both sides.

Maybe they meant can only call while on 5G

Status
Not open for further replies.