FusionPBX voicemail messages being cut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney G

Apr 9, 2018
Hey Guys,

I'm currently having an issue to where voicemail messages are being saved with last few seconds being cut off the end of message when I hang up the call internally vs pressing # (it saves correctly when pressing #). Note: calling from outside the system from an external number isn't an issue, just ext to ext.

Please advise if you have any insight on the issue, Thanks !

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
Hey Guys,

I'm currently having an issue to where voicemail messages are being saved with last few seconds being cut off the end of message when I hang up the call internally vs pressing # (it saves correctly when pressing #). Note: calling from outside the system from an external number isn't an issue, just ext to ext.

Please advise if you have any insight on the issue, Thanks !

Did you ever get this resolved? If so, what was the culprit?

Courtney G

Apr 9, 2018
No it's not resolved as of yet, but I think the issue is that the voicemails aren't being saved properly. Because when testing I hear the entire message in rtp captures, it's just not saving the entire message.

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
I had my voicemail messages saving to object storage. Switching back to local storage seems to solve the issue for me but I'm still observing the situation before I consider this a win. What is your environment like?

Courtney G

Apr 9, 2018
I'm running the latest version of fusionpbx (host VM), is there anything else your looking for detail wise ?

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
Switching from a NAS/S3 type object storage to a local block device solved my issue with voicemails being cutoff.

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
Hi Mingus, Thanks for reply back. I'm already on local block "/var/lib/freeswitch/storage/voicemail". Only last 3 seconds cutoff. It usually happen when calling from extension to extension. If someone calling from outside it works well.

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
Is the file cut off when listening to it from the file system or are you sending it via email and listening to it from the email attachment?

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
Do you lose exactly 3 seconds on every voicemail? Instead of hanging up, try pressing a button to review your voicemail and see if you hear the whole thing back. Then save it and see if you are losing the last 3 seconds again.

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
Yes after exactly 3 seconds. If I record the message and then press any key and listen, I'm able to listen full message, I save it and get the complete message. Now after recording message if I hangup the call it lost last 3 seconds. I recorded the message and then wait for 3 seconds and then hangup the call and get the complete message.

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
Also I observe one-thing, when greeting says record your message after the tone, after tone within a sec I hangup the call, but message says I've a voicemail with 3 second duration.

Attachments

• voicemail.GIF
    voicemail.GIF
    16.1 KB · Views: 12

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
If you are comfortable making changes to your LUA script I would make the following change to test and see what the result is. The following assumes you are on Linux. Try at your own risk. Not production-ready.
  1. cp -p {base path}/scripts/app/voicemail/resources/functions/record_message.lua {base path}/scripts/app/voicemail/resources/functions/record_message_original.lua

2. Add session:execute("sleep", "5000") immediately below each line that starts with result = recordFile(
This will add an artificial 5 seconds after the recording of the file. Test to see if this alleviates the issue.

To undo the change simply copy record_message_original.lua back to record_message.lua and delete record_message_original.lua

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
That looks good. Please keep in mind that there are about 4 or 5 lines that have result = recordFile(. You'll want to include the delay on each of those to cover the various configuration options provided by FusionPBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.