General Best Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Hi,

I am experimenting with yealink T46s and eventually T54w phones. I wanted to know if there are any best practices I should be following starting off or maybe something I can learn from others who have more experience? Coming from FreePBX I had to keep the phones on version 81 or I just ran into various issues (one where BLF would stop working if asterisk was restarted until the phone rebooted) where it was easier just to keep it on V81. Any such issues on the latest V85 firmware with Fusion?

I did config files manually and hosted them via https. I basically had/have a base file that I could edit for the majority of my clients. After having so many FreePBX instances I would love to have one or 2 two Fusion boxes to manage compared to 50+ FreePBX instances! I have not quite got auto provisioning working yet through Fusion but I assume that is the easiest thing to do and potentially adds more features such as provisioning/reboot signals, etc?

Are there any other quirks or things anyone could recommend that would make things easier with Yealinks? Any advice on things not to do? I would love to here everything and anything!

Thanks everyone!

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Well I tried v85 and call parking gave me issues right off the bat. Went back down to v81 and I was able to park and pickup with 1 button blf.

Reactions: bdmonsey
Status
Not open for further replies.