Give user to specific domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

henryd99

Dec 20, 2021
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to assign a user admin privileges to a specific number of domains, unlike superadmin that has access to all of them, without the need to log into each one individually with a new email/username for each domain. Thanks!

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
i asked once upon a time and they told me it was a higher member feature i am a blue member

Dan

Jul 23, 2017
@markjcrane mentioned to me that the parent-child exists as a member feature, hence https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx/pull/3972 was rejected.

The Domain Reseller app is not listed in any of the tiers on https://www.fusionpbx.com/members but there is an article titled Domain Reseller (Published: mark@fusionpbx.com, 07-12-2020 @ 11:08 AM, Updated: mark@fusionpbx.com, 10-16-2020 @ 09:13 AM) so I figure it is like the REST API, installable through the proprietary Application Manager. No clue on pricing for this app :c

It is a bit challenging as a FusionPBX Purple member that does not run any proprietary code on their FusionPBX instances to have features like this missing. @markjcrane and Daniel Lucio have a pretty strained relationship, features written by Daniel Lucio that directly replace paid apps being rejected is not surprising.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I may be wrong but this feature was once in but caused other problems.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I may be wrong but this feature was once in but caused other problems.
Pretty sure Daniel’s request was never in the FusionPBX project. I’ve been using his patch extensively for the past 12 months without issue.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Pretty sure Daniel’s request was never in the FusionPBX project. I’ve been using his patch extensively for the past 12 months without issue.

You have to be wary though unless you REALLY are confident and can debug because future fusionpbx develpment will not take this code into account and something could well break it.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
You have to be wary though unless you REALLY are confident and can debug because future fusionpbx develpment will not take this code into account and something could well break it.
True im currently using 4.4 in production with Daniel's patch but plan to move to the new 5.x stable branch that should be released any day now then I'll need to move away fro that patch and stay on track with fusionPBX development.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
The member app is called domains with a description of domain reseller and the official one is part of the purple level member level. I'm trying to finish up version 5.0 hopefully soon.

Reactions: gflow
Status
Not open for further replies.