Going dedicated - Moving from VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I have decided to move operations over from Vultr VPS to dedicated. I am having NO problems with Vultr. I just know dedicated is where you want to be

Anyone hear of or used Nocix (formerly Datashack)

Just wondering if their prices are too good to be true

Also . . .

Is there such a thing as "too much"? I mean is my dedicated Fusionpbx instance going to be better with 32 ram as opposed to 16? Does the SSD HD make a difference in the voip world as opposed to SATA?

Any insight is appreciated.

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
Vultr have dedicated hardware.
Imho more ram cant hurt.
I think ssd is the go. Expensive for storage but if you are going to dedicated hardware then allow to replace them at some point.
Just my 0.02.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
I run dedicated on an OVH server with a quad core Xeon, 32GB of RAM, and 480GB SSDs in RAID1 for about $120 a month. Totally worth it.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
thank you for the input. When you said it's totally worth it do you mean in sense of having less problems because you have so much RAM? I guess the processor was a huge plus. also I was looking at ovh but I could not find any servers in the United States. Everytime I search the one on their page it seems like it was all overseas.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
The price difference of going 32Gb of RAM vs 16Gb of RAM was marginal so that's why I went that route. My operation isn't huge but I built my infrastructure to scale so I wouldn't have to mess with it down the line. I started on a VPS as well but eventually went dedicated to avoid any potential problems down the line from using shared resources with a VPS.

Here is OVH's US website: https://us.ovhcloud.com/

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
Reactions: Adrian Fretwell
Status
Not open for further replies.