Hello from Victoria, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
Hi,

I run a small computer repair/IT services business.

We've been using Fusion PBX for about 8 months now very happily. I had one of my other collegues set it up but I've began getting more involved with it myself and learning it.

Incrediable fun to do but a very steep learning curve.

I'm currently trying to dig my hands into the XML dial plans so I can get more finite control and flexability. I'd love to learn how to do the LUA side too!

Looking forward to being part of the community :)

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
Ok so tonight I did more on my dial plan.

One of the biggest issues I've been having is that the call timeouts out really early. I figured out however it was my Yealink W60B that would hang the call up. I figured it out because my timeout destination is set to the same dial plan and when I hang the call up on the dect phone it'll just loop back to the dial plan.

So i added this to my provision configuration which seems to have fixed the inital problem of timing out at 120s.
phone_setting.ringing_timeout = 3600

But now it times out at 210 secounds (3:30mins). No idea why.

Every single place I can find in FusionPBX is set to be 3600. Oh well the hunt continues!

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
So last night after letting my missus listen to the new greeting I recorded she said that the call should naturally timeout much sooner than letting it ring on. That way it seems like our phones naturally hanged up. (I guess its hard to understand without knowing what business we run).

So the hunt for the cause of the timeout will remain a mystery.

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
One thing I'm yet to understand is what "Delay" on a simultaneous ring group does and Call Timeout.

Both fields do not actually do what I suspect. Delay doesn't appear to delay the ring to that extension and call timeout doesn't end the call or send it to the Timeout Destination. However the "Timeout" on the destination does actually do what it says it does.

Fusion PBX continuing the mystery of what things actually do. Might have to read the freeswitch docs haha

bobsy

Nov 14, 2021
Summer, Try posting your problem's in the right category with a correct title rather than under Introduce Yourself.

To anyone else, I am the guy that introduced Summer to FusionPBX and deployed it for his business. Some of you may know me as bobsy or even masked on IRC.

I'm not exactly sure what Summer was trying to achieve or what the inconsistencies he is reporting are or if they're accurate. But if anyone has any insight, it'd probably be mcrane.

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
Haha I know how to use a forum system.

I was taking advantage of this thread to post my thoughts and problems to myself. If anyone happened to come by to say hi all the better.

I'll consult you far before I post in the forum. Or better I'll post in the forum and ask you to respond :p

Architect

Jun 1, 2021
Hi Summer, If you are experiencing call drop at 3:20 try switching the Transport from UDP to TCP (or TCP to UDP - whichever is the reverse). We've seen this in the past and that resolved the issue for us.

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
Yep, we do that already. It seems like UDP to TCP is a hammer for a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.