Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt_pbx

Dec 29, 2020
Hello, new member here. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum. It has been very helpful for me to set up my first installation of FusionPBX. I am testing it (alongside FreePBX) as a possible solution for the company I work at with approximately 300 endpoints.

My prototype FusionPBX server is running on Debian 8 in AWS ec2 and I am using AWS Chime Voice Connector for my inbound and outbound calls. I have the system working using Zoiper softphones at the moment and am currently awaiting a delivery from FedX with some real VoIP phones to start working with.

I’m also interested in learning more about how to secure the FusionPBX server in the cloud.

Thanks again!!

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Welcome to the forums. I'm also new to Fusion but have used FreePBX quite a bit over the years. I wanted to learn more about Fusion/Freeswitch once Sangoma bought FreePBX.

Depending on what you are looking for FreePBX makes things very easy, but to me, Fusion offers better customization and flexibility. FreePBX is a bit more polished in my opinion. I'm still learning the ropes but I hope to become better.

As for security, FreePBX has a "fancy" little firewall tool that makes things easier but if you follow the Fusion docs you can achieve similar results. I personally block SSH to specific trusted IPs as well. Its probably not a bad idea to do that for HTTPS as well but I'm not sure how that will affect phone provisioning. I do t have a production server yet so it's mainly a sandbox for me right now.

Anyway, welcome again. The more the merrier and hopefully leads to a more active community!

Status
Not open for further replies.