Help with Voicemail Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazwalt

Apr 14, 2020
Hi all,

I have a client who wants the ability to play a busy/after-hours greeting and record new greetings that become immediately active after recording.

However, they do not want the caller to have the ability to leave a voicemail.

Does anyone have any ideas on how both preferences can be achieved?

TL;DR - How does one record a new greeting to be played but no give a caller the option to leave a message?

I have toyed with using an IVR but that does not give the option to record a new greeting. Likewise, I can dial *732 but doing so wont make that recording immediately as a call flow will only be directed to a single recording. And it does not seem that voicemails give the option to disable the "leaving a message" component.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
To play a new greeting but not have an option to leave a message just create a custom dialplan for a time condition that just plays the message then does a hangup.

The other requirement is not to difficult either but requires a little more thinking about.

Basically you want to record a message, the filename of that message is then stored and that is the one that then gets played rather than a fixed filename.

bazwalt

Apr 14, 2020
To play a new greeting but not have an option to leave a message just create a custom dialplan for a time condition that just plays the message then does a hangup.

The other requirement is not to difficult either but requires a little more thinking about.

Basically you want to record a message, the filename of that message is then stored and that is the one that then gets played rather than a fixed filename.
Thanks for the response Daz.

Ended up going with something similar which was copying the original recording dialplan but adding an extra digit for each type of recording (ie:holidays, busy,etc) and changing the file name to match. Then, because the filename is the same I just point the ivr to that with a hang-up as the termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.