How to setup Paging to not put active calls on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2018
Hi,

I enabled the page option in the dialplan manager. Upon doing some testing, if there is an active call going on an extension that is being paged then it puts that call on hold to barge in for the page. I am guessing it is doing this because of the "set api_hangup_hook=conference page-${destination_number} kick all" action that is on the dialplan by default, but I am just guessing on that.

Is there an action to ignore a busy extension? Can I just delete that action line or would that cause some issues?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2018
Hi,

I did some googling and found on a Freeswitch forum someone had this action line in their code for intercom feature.

<action application="set" data="sip_exclude_contact=${presence_id}"/>

If I add that action to my page dial-plan would this exclude the busy extensions to get rid of the issue mentioned above?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2018
Hi Count,
Sorry I have not had a chance to do any testing on this. The paging setup has not been a priority right now. I will see if I can find some time to do some testing soon on it though.

CountJuuglar

Sep 1, 2017
No problem, I attempted to add that line, with different priorities, in the dial plan, but it didnt seem to have any affect. I would love to find out if you are successful with it, i also tried adding sip_exclude_contact=${presence_id} in to the page.lua as well, again with no affect

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about paging,
is there an option to set a limit so lets say after 15 seconds the paging will disconnect?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Talking about paging,
is there an option to set a limit so lets say after 15 seconds the paging will disconnect?
In the "page" conference profile add terminate-on-silence 15 or whatever value.
This won't force page calls to only 15 seconds, but will keep them from getting stuck

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
is that the right way of doing it?

is the syntax correct?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 66

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Correct syntax MTR, but the order number needs to be lower than page.lua
Any "set"s need to happen before the last action or it will never make it to page.lua

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
Alrighty Boys and Girls DigiDaz and I worked it out. This fix only applies if you have issues with special characters in the domain name or in our case a hyphen. could apply to other special characters. Bug report follows.

Problem: make call on domain a from extension to outside did.
ext: 111 -> 1-234-555-1212
ext: 112 -> *8111

Expected Behavior - Rcv busy tone and page fails.
Observed Behavior - Page is executed, active call is placed on hold.

Reason: Lua file page.lua string.find function was choking on special characters in domain name test line 181:
if string.find(reply, domain_name) then

in this case, observed character causing problems was a hyphen. Especially tricky to nail down, because only a few domains had hyphen in domain_name.

Fix :
New line 181 should look like:
if string.find(reply, domain_name,1,true) which processes domain_name while ignoring special characters. You may see this problem creep in while using alternate languages or using hyphens in domain names.

Reactions: JamesBorne

agree

Aug 26, 2018
I have a function that escapes all magic characters found online a while ago can be very useful

function escape_magic_char(str)
local magic_char = '(['..("%^$().[]*+-?"):gsub("(.)", "%%%1")..'])'
return str:gsub(magic_char, "%%%1")
end

Reactions: JamesBorne

pbx123

Aug 14, 2018
Having this same issue when phone is active on a call the caller is automatically placed on hold when using *724 or *8[ext]. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Tried the fix above (looks like it was already fixed in page.lua) but any intercom call places caller on hold immediately without warning when using the page feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.