"ioncube" in the default installation of FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitgnu

Jul 23, 2022
Belgium
Hi there,

I'd like to test FusionPBX to see if it could replace the 3 old Fr**PBX I've been maintaining for a few years (which will save me 2 IPv4 on my dedicated server since FusionPBX is multi-tenant).

Before using the all-in-one script to install it on a test VM, I wanted to read his code and I have a question about the purpose of the module called "ioncube". It seems to be a module for PHP but I have never used it.

I found the license for the module and it says:
3.1 Any analysis of the Loader and embedded data by any means and by any entity whether human or otherwise and including but without limitation to discover details of internal operation, to reverse engineer, to de-compile object code, or to modify for the purposes of modifying behaviour is forbidden.

It is therefore proprietary software (and for moral and ethical reasons, I prefer to avoid using it).

What exactly is it used for in FusionPBX? Would it work perfectly without this module?
And is it possible to make it optional? (for example with a variable in the config.sh file)

Thanks!

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
FusionPBX uses ironcube (or at least it did) to encrypt some code that is for members only (member applications). I prefer to install script that I can see and inspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.