Is Fusionpbx the only game in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

ou812

Nov 2, 2016
I see 99% of the threads in this forum are for fusionpbx, is this the only gui front end worth using for Freeswitch or are there any competitors worth looking at.
Free or reasonably priced.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Hi, @ou812 , FusionPBX is the most comprehensive and complete GUI option I have also been able to find for FreeSwitch. It is not perfect but it is quite good. You do not really need it to use FreeSwitch but it makes some tasks (especially for FreeSwitch beginners) quite easy.

The point I fel more uneasy with the project is that while it is open source (you can get the code and expand it at your heart's content), development is mostly driven by one single person with eventual collaboration from a few others. While he has done an amazing job, if tomorrow he decides to stop working on this, the project would be pretty much in limbo. However as I said, use it as a tool to get more familiar with freespeech. Should come the day that FusionPBX is not longer an option, you will be able to simply do everything directly on FreeSwitch.

ou812

Nov 2, 2016
Not looking for support, looking to see if other gui's are available that are worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.