SOLVED IVR Bridge to External Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeelkat

Jun 26, 2020
Hi Guys,

How do you manually bridge an Option within the IVR to an external number? The outbound route for the number is already created and can dialed without any issues.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
There have been a lot of changes to FusionPBX so what you can and can't do may depend on the version you have installed. We used to be able to click the little arrow button next to the IVR option box and it would allow you to put almost any code you wanted in to the box, I used this facility for setting channel variables. I.E. menu-exec-app:set voicemail_greeting_number=2

FusionPBX now, quite rightly, validates destinations. If the string is not in the destination select list it is seen as invalid and will not save.

Calling external numbers from an IVR has the potential to open your system up for fraud, so it should be managed carefully. There may be better ways of doing this in later versions of FusionPBX, but this is what I had to do for one of my versions in production. In the following example, I call an external number (123, the service providers speaking clock):

First create a dialplan entry in the dialplan manager,and set destination to true, use a dummy extension number of your choice, I have used 788.
Screenshot from 2021-08-24 12-05-29.png

Then, in your IVR choose this new destination that you have created, in my example it is on option 4.
Screenshot from 2021-08-24 12-04-09.png

I hope that helps, as I say there may now be a better way of doing it, if there is maybe someone will chip in...

Reactions: Skeelkat

Skeelkat

Jun 26, 2020
@Adrian Fretwell

You're a freaking legend, a little late in the reply, I managed to figure out that this was the only possible way to do this just this morning :).
But thank you very much for always being helpful and informative

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I do this a little differently. I go to Dialplan=> Destinations=> And choose the "Outbound" button. Create an outbound destination with the number you want. Then when you're creating an IVR it should be available as one of the options.

Reactions: cyberkoos

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
If I want to give the option for admins to configure their IVR options to ring an external number, I can't give them permissions to create dialplans, so the outbound destination is a good solution, however I don't want they should be able to create inbound destinations, is there a way to only allow admins to create outbound destinations without permission to create inbound destinations?

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
Additionally If I want to have the external number get the prompt to accept, the way I'm doing it now is to create a ring group with that external number with prompt to accept, and have this ring group as the IVR option destination, is there a better way of doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.