SOLVED Language Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
Any idea on how to enable language prompts, other than English per extension or domain. I can change the web interface to say French, but not the voicemail prompts to French.

Thanks

moteus

Nov 14, 2016
You need set language specific variables in Advenced->Variables (if yu want set it to entire fusionpbx)
Or set it in Dialplan->Dialplan Manager->Variables

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
It does not work. If I change the value in domain-default settings-default language the GUI will be in French but not the voice prompts ie.. voice mail prompts remain English.

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
If I set it in the Dialplan manager I hear nothing when calling my voicemail..
default_language=fr

moteus

Nov 14, 2016
First. I assume you install audio files. I think FS provide such for French.
Second. You need set not only language but dialect, sound prefix, etc.
This my settings for Russian

default_language = ru
default_dialect = RU
default_voice = Elena
sound_prefix = $${sounds_dir}/$${default_language}/$${default_dialect}/$${default_voice}

Reactions: wouam31

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
I found the problem. No French audio files are installed and none seem to be available anywhere. I checked westany.com and no French is available..

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
OK. Looks like I resolved the issue. Found French audio files for Freeswitch and installed them. They are a bit outdated but will do. Have some fine tuning to do.

I have mainly worked many years with the Vodia PBX and a bit with FreePBX, so I am now trying Fusion.

Thanks for the help.

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
It is a bit of a pain to find french sounds and install them. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
I can't remember where I found them but there are 2 versions, French from France and French Canadian.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Hsve you tried installing these two:

apt-get install freeswitch-lang-fr freeswitch-mod-say-fr

I do not know what they do.

Reactions: Jean B
Feb 21, 2017
Good evening I would like you to help me to put locutions in Spanish since they are not available, I have the freeswitch-sounds-en-mx-maria-44100.tar.gz downloaded from http://files.freeswitch.org/releases / And executed the command apt install freeswitch-lang-es, but I do not know what the next step could be to tell me what to do or report some manual

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
First. I assume you install audio files. I think FS provide such for French.
Second. You need set not only language but dialect, sound prefix, etc.
This my settings for Russian

default_language = ru
default_dialect = RU
default_voice = Elena
sound_prefix = $${sounds_dir}/$${default_language}/$${default_dialect}/$${default_voice}

Hello,
I have set these variables in DialPlan manager - variables and I still do not have alternate language (french) prompts. I do have the language soind files installed. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
Chidado what are you trying to do exactly?? There are numerous ways to do this..

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
I have it working now, there should not be a space between the equal sign and I don't need to set he sound prefix. Thank you moteus for your response.

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
Hi Guys, I've purchased the gb/rachael sounds from Westany and uploaded them (all formats) to the server in the same folder structure as us/callie. Ive changed the sounds directory variable to the new path but i can't seem to get the system to use the rachael files instead of the callie ones. Can someone please help in providing a decisive process for how to change the sounds and prompts from one set to another. confirming this has been done on a recent install too please.
Thanks
Clive

Duncan

Jul 18, 2017
Hi Guys, I've purchased the gb/rachael sounds from Westany and uploaded them (all formats) to the server in the same folder structure as us/callie. Ive changed the sounds directory variable to the new path but i can't seem to get the system to use the rachael files instead of the callie ones. Can someone please help in providing a decisive process for how to change the sounds and prompts from one set to another. confirming this has been done on a recent install too please.
Thanks
Clive

I am interested in doing the same for Australian sounds. Did Westany not give you some directions on how to set it up. They certainly promote the fact that they support Fusionpbx.

https://www.westany.com/fusionpbx

Sorry I cant help but when you work it out could you post the answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.