Large IVR, Route based on zip code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
I have a customer requesting a way for callers to enter a zip code and have their call routed to the proper office

My ask

1. what is the max size IVR I can create? I created a IVR for about 600 entries and sometimes it works and other times it does not. When I access the IVR menu in the web interface it loads very slowly and when I click a field to edit I have to wait about 5-10 seconds for text cursor to appear so I can edit the field. I am running htops and nothing even hits 20% usage and it is a dedicated digital ocean server specific for this test, 4vCPU and 8gb ram and nothing else is on this server except one domain, extension and IVR. I created the IVR via D Beaver and I did used the gen_random_uuid() for the default value of the IVR Menu Option UUID (Maybe that is where I went wrong).
2. is there another way someone would do this or an affordable third party service someone can reccomend that is $50/month or less?
3. is there a better way to generate hundred of UUIDs other than my method?

Thank in advance

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
How many offices do they have? I wouldn't even try and maintain a list of zip codes, if its anything like the UK they will be constantly changing, new ones added etc as places are built.

Its surely a job for lua/python rather than tons of IVRs.

I would probably use some sort of google service to calculate proximity to the nearest office and then maybe cache the nearest one for the zip code in redis.

Then before you did your google lookups you could check redis first to see if you already have that zip code in.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
How many offices do they have? I wouldn't even try and maintain a list of zip codes, if its anything like the UK they will be constantly changing, new ones added etc as places are built.

Its surely a job for lua/python rather than tons of IVRs.

I would probably use some sort of google service to calculate proximity to the nearest office and then maybe cache the nearest one for the zip code in redis.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Although I got the IVR running much smoother (Don't know what I did), I used up my 6 hours with mark already this month setting up the new replication service, so perhaps next month ill use my next six hours on having him create a simple import module for IVRs. Aside from that I have a dev guy that owes me a favor and twilio looks like it is way easier to build this solution out and I can also easily allow the caller to speak the zip code as well.. i dunno... ill update this post in november if I decide to have mark build out an import module for IVRs

Status
Not open for further replies.