Looking to move to fusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth1291

Aug 9, 2021
Hi all,

So I'm looking to move to fusion PBX but have a few questions. Forgive me if my terminology is wrong on a few of my questions.

I have 6000 single-line residential customers with basic features. I've had a look at multi-tenant guides and it talks about adding a domain per customer but that seems like a lot of work for a single line. Is multi-tenant correct for this setup?

The customers use a basic ATA with an analog phone.

A feature we would like to keep is the call blocker/call screening service so our customers can decide if they would like to accept the call or not. It's also got a voice interactive menu so end users can add or delete numbers from a white list and make other changes to the settings. is this supported?

Thanks

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Fusion does have a call block feature but isn't quite as interactive as is. Fusion is designed more as a full featured PBX so it probably isn't the best fit compared to other softswitch options. The multi-tenant part would help if you have several business customers mixed in with the residential side.

We have a few basic service customers that are grouped into a single domain with their extension being the phone number and eliminated most of the extra pbx style features from that dial plan so Fusionpbx is a usable platform.

junction1153

Jul 15, 2020
If I were you, I would create everyone under a single domain. Extension number will be the 10-digit phone number of the customer. You will have everyone under one domain, and automatically what will happen is “internal” calling will not leave your system. Hopefully this is a good thing and not a bad thing for you.

With regards to call blocking you can have it individualized to only apply to a single extension. The only issue i foresee is if you have a customer with 2 lines, they will have to block numbers individually per line. It cant be a block set on the entire account.

Status
Not open for further replies.