Moving All SQLite DBs to Postgre

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIP Doctors

May 3, 2017
Anyone have any experiencing in creating an active/active fusionpbx cluster?

From the install script it appears that freeswitch is configured to use postgre in the core; however it is using sqlite.

Looking for a good set of directions to accomplish this so I can load balance and disperse a few servers through different DCs and be able to have phones and their activity regardless of which instance they connect to.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry to disappoint you but load balancing just doesn't work.

You will manage to get phones ringing etc. But you will have situations, just one example, call is parked on server A, you go to recover the call, the load balancer sends you to server B etc.

The best results I have seen so far is per domain load balancing, ie where all calls from a single domain are pinned to a single server. That takes something like kamailio or opensips in front to do the distribution.

phonesimon

Apr 21, 2017
Sorry to disappoint you but load balancing just doesn't work.

You will manage to get phones ringing etc. But you will have situations, just one example, call is parked on server A, you go to recover the call, the load balancer sends you to server B etc.

The best results I have seen so far is per domain load balancing, ie where all calls from a single domain are pinned to a single server. That takes something like kamailio or opensips in front to do the distribution.

I'm working on this now, simply to see how far I can get with it. If you share the freeswitch database amongst the nodes and enable fs_path then this works. I haven't had time to test all the features but park, conferences, extension dialing (local and remote node) all seem ok as long as the database is visible to all nodes. I think queues might have a problem but I haven't tested them yet.

I don't know the value of trying to make this work. From the discussion I've read here, it seems like the general attitude is against a load-balanced (or in the case I am talking about, a load-sharing system using DNS SRV to distribute the load) cluster. But should the need ever arise, I'm interested in seeing what all can be made to work. I'd like to try something that will allow me to put pairs of FS servers in geographically different places so that users connect to the closest one. VoIP latency isn't much of a concern in-country but database replication latency is.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think you will find blind transfer fails too, good luck with it I hope you get somewhere many have tried but really try the basic features first, this is where things fall over, essential things you cannot do without. I haven't had a good dig into it lately but I've definitely been there before. I think mcrane said there would be code changes needed to freeswitch in order for this to work.

Its definitely good to see someone else having a crack at it though, that was one of the initial aims of setting up this forums so that we could probe more the taboo topics of HA and clustering.

Status
Not open for further replies.