Multi-tenant comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

eblaster101

Dec 6, 2022
Hi all.

Thought this thread would be useful. So just some background. I run a MSP and we use a lot of closed source pbx systems such as 3cx and other closed source systems backend being Mitel. We are looking to move all of this in house to a MT system so it's easier to support for my engineers. And they don't have to learn 3 platforms.

We are having to use different systems due to requirements. Some clients just want desk phones others want + teams etc. So we want to use a platform which supports all of this.

I have tested the below MT systems
-Vitalpbx
-thirdlane
-fusionpbx

What are my requirements?
-decent mobile and PC apps
-teams integration by which allowing calls to be made, recieved and transfered via teams.
-easy to make small adjustments.

I spun up all these systems and have the below feedback.

Yealink T46 used for testing

-vitalpbx
Pros
-reletively easy to setup
-guides were really good, good documentation.
-good gui,
-supports teams integration

Cons
-mobile and PC apps are poor look dated
-pricing is confusing due to amount of plugins that are available
-phone templates seemed poor, a typical test I would do is press the voicemail button a provisioned phone. If the phone asks for the voicemail number I would assume the provisioning template isn't tightly integrated into the system. In my opinion things like this should just work.

-Thirdlane
Pros
-supports team integration
-mobile and PC apps are really good and don't have unnecessary features such as video calling.

Cons
-documentation and setup very complex, I wasn't actually able to get it working. Managed to provision a phone but no dial tone. Reg failed.
-supports is behind pay per hour
-gui seems complex

Fusionpbx
Pros
-easy to setup and get basic dial tone and calls working between phones
-templates good T46 provisioned voicemail call number fine automatically
-free to a degree but I am willing to pay
-built in mobile app is good better than vitalpbx mobile app GS wave

Cons
- no consistent mobile or PC apps
- no teams integration
- no ability to just pay for support hours have to commit to annual package.

Believe it or not out of all 3 that I tested. I felt the most confident in fusionpbx because I managed to find workarounds for the features I don't get.

Workarounds
-ringotel apps are good, can use this in conjunction with fusion
-dsiprouter can be used alongside to bridge teams integration

I want to be able to pay for fusion support hours directly and don't mind paying the 100 dollars a month for the documentation. But obviously I don't want to unless I know the product will deliver and I won't have any huge issues.

If you were to start from scratch would you use Dsiprouter and fusionpbx?

Thanks as always. I hope this is helpful.

demonspork

May 30, 2018
If I were to go with a new company and they wanted a solution, I would definitely go with Fusionpbx. Several years ago not knowing it as extensively as I do now I would seriously consider one of the commercial products because they have more seamless mobile app integrations. I started with fusionpbx because it was a side project, shoe string budget, to just get in the game a little bit and grew from there.

Nowadays with ringotel I'm pretty confident. I'm working on some final feature integrations and I am using ringotel's API to auto-manage users. The only gap I still have in this ecosystem is a consistent web phone. I would love if Ringotel released one so we would still have the same present/chat integrations with the desktop and mobile apps. For now I'm keeping it very simple with just a dialpad using ctxsip and looking at saraphone down the road for BLF/park support.

Status
Not open for further replies.