Multi Tenant provisioning observation/question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjm

Oct 14, 2018
I would like to set up device provisioning for multi tenant, multi location. The trouble is that there does not seem to be a way to set up scripts that are tenant specific. For example, the City_Code for weather in a Grandstream phone might be different from tenant to tenant. If I have a tenant in New York and another in Chicago, the phones will need to be set up differently for each location. Likewise, the phone directories may be different from tenant to tenant.

I looked into Advanced -> Default settings and also editing xml scripts directly, but changing the domain selector to another tenant does not yield a fresh set of xml files for the new domain/tenant.

My hope was that default settings could be set for any location independent settings like IP address, NAT and the like, and some other settings for tenant specific setup could be modified in another location like the direct edit xml files.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get this done?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
When you go into default settings you will see an option at the top to copy, you can choose some settings by ticking relevant boxes then copy ans paste to different domain.

rjm

Oct 14, 2018
@DigitalDaz I gave that a test and I must be missing something. I changed my primary domain grandstream_city_code to 18046 (presuming my primary domain is in that zip code). Then I went into domain #2 which I call RealEstate and changed the grandstream_city_code from 18046 to 18001. (presuming that RealEstate is in the 18001 zip code not 18046, I would want the weather for RealEstate phones to reflect 18001 weather).

Going back to my primary domain, it also changed to 18001. Is there a way to set up the default settings for provisioning different systems so that they do not change the predecessors? Do I have to copy over to the second domain before making the change to get this to work? If I don't copy does the second domain use a single set of default settings that is shared throughout the systems?

I'm sorry for the newbie questions, I really like this product but this one feature is mission critical for my purposes. Thank you for whatever insight you can offer.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
grandstream_city_code would need to be added to the template unless it is already there.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
When you go into the second domain you will see the settings there now when you go to edit the domain, not in the default settings. Also, the granstream city code is set to false by default, are you changing this to true?

rjm

Oct 14, 2018
So I should make domain specific changes directly in the xml code and not in the default settings? City code is in the default settings already. I did not change it to true yet as I am just testing to see if I can do what I need to do. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.