Multi tenant question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
I successfully have pbx.mydomain.com taking calls for myself. I wanted to add pbx2.mydomain.com. I added the domain, made an extension and am outbound route bit was never successful.

I was trying to use the pbx.mydomain.com as a global trunk. I was never successful and got a 480 authentication required (I believe). I'm brainstorming tonight and do not have the logs at the moment.

Is there anything I need to do specifically to have a multi domain setup? I will play around more tomorrow but just trying to think what I did wrong.

Thank you for any help!

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
your trunk provider would have given you loding details that you should use in setting up the gateway
considering you have setup other stuff that is required for call routing. for global trunk to work you need to setup the following in the pbx.mydomain.com

1616904155965.png

you get this by clicking the advanced in the trunk/gateway settings
Once you complete above step the same trunk will work for pbx2

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
I did have the set to global. Is that standard practice or would you create a new gateway for each domain?

I'm going to give it another shot today.

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
I use one gateway for all tenants simply because I am only using one carrier however some carrier may offer different prices (often cheaper) than others in that case you want seperate gateway. outgoing calls, you will have to specify outbound route for each tenant seperately (or at least thats how I do it) plus your outbound number format must match your carrier's format for outgoing calls to work. try sngrep to figure out if its the format that is causing the call failure.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Conversely I create a new gateway for each domain to my ASTPP box which acts as a billing and routing layer. I create a new gateway for each domain purely to separate their traffic for billing and reporting purposes.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
@bcmike, How can a person create a gateway without connecting it to a service provider? Or did you mean something else?

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
I am using telnyx as of now. Their portal allows a lot of customization, specifically making sip profiles and billing groups. As far as I can tell they trackimboind DID information and you can also make a custom sip header for outbound calls. I definitely haven't gotten far and maybe there is a better way, but I'm still trying to put this all together. We shall see. Didn't get time today to play with the 2nd domain but on the plate for tomorrow.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Just an update: I reverted to a prior snapshot and set everything back up. It worked flawlessly. Not sure where I went wrong, but it was easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.