New DID Setup for Freeswitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog2046

Mar 11, 2020
Good evening folks,
Today I am posting because I purchased a DID from Callcentric.com. However, when I set it up under dial plan, Inbound route the DID, it never rings my Mac softphone application.
I have it setup as:
Destination prefix
I put the DID
Destination
I also put the DID.
For action I have it to ring the ring group, Support.
I'd be happy to create an account for someone who is sighted to have a look (I say sighted, because i myself am visually impaired,) and I am wondering whether or not the screen reader I use, it may have mis-read some stuff, therefore causing me to incorrectly setup my DID with FusionPBX.
My hope in setting up the DID is that when someone calls into the DID, it should ring the support ring group and be transferred to extension 100. 100 is already apart of the ring group itself, so I believe that that is ok.
If someone is willing to check (if I create them an admin account,) I'd appreciate it.
If not, however, I can completely understand. In which case, how then do I setup my CallCentirc DID with Freeswitch/FusionPBX?

mikecabrera00

Sep 4, 2020
Hi Folks, I am facing the same issue on a thread regarding callcentric DID. I followed the instructions regarding PBX setup and i am able to get the extension to register, but i suppose I may have not done something properly. I was wondering if you would be able to help me?

So far here are the details.

Installed on AWS EC2 instance with Elastic IP address.
I have a main trunk on callcentric and several DIDs, and i was hoping to migrate everything from 3cx to fussionpbx.
When i set up the gateway, it shows as registered.
I cannot call out or receive calls.
i followed the tutorial dated 3.20.20 below to the exact point, except the callcentric did, not the one used in the tutorial, and i think i properly added the CIDR.
my callcentric dashboard says the extension registered.
I registered a softphone - MicroSip.

Any help would be appreciated or any type of "how to" i can follow

The "how to's" i followed described a possible issue with EC2 instances being behind a NAT, i followed that without success.
I added the IP address for my instance to the sip profiles at the ext-rtp-ip and ext-sip-ip values both for internal and external, then rebooted. no go.
I added the CIDR from AWS with a /32 to the Access Control, no go...

I followed the video tutorial at the link below, to the T, which im sure you have seen before... no go....

Any type of assistance would be terrific.

Mike

USoff

Jun 21, 2017
Check your current (active) iptables rules with command 'iptables-save' - I found recently incorrect bans from fail2ban service, so I was banned without any fail registration reasons for ban. You should add IPs of your trunks to ignore ip list for fail2ban jail.conf and restart the service.

You should better use classic public IP address for VoIP to prevent any NAT issues in future, IMHO.

mikecabrera00

Sep 4, 2020
Check your current (active) iptables rules with command 'iptables-save' - I found recently incorrect bans from fail2ban service, so I was banned without any fail registration reasons for ban. You should add IPs of your trunks to ignore ip list for fail2ban jail.conf and restart the service.

You should better use classic public IP address for VoIP to prevent any NAT issues in future, IMHO.

Thank you. I'm new to this. Ill give it a try i suppose. callcentric does not give us ip addresses, we just use the domain name. callcentric.com

Are you recommending i should reinstall (it only takes a few minutes) and NOT use an elastic ip address and just use the public ip address? i was considering adding a subdomain as well to manage it easier. at this point im just trying to be operational.

USoff

Jun 21, 2017
Just ping any domain name when you interested about their IP association

ping callcentric.com

PING callcentric.com (204.11.192.163): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

So needed IP is 204.11.192.163

mikecabrera00

Sep 4, 2020
Thank you. I will give it a shot right away. I appreciate the time youre taking to review my issues.

Mike

mikecabrera00

Sep 4, 2020
It didnt work, I added the Ip address to the fail2ban file. I also tried a public ip (not elastic). did not work. I can create a user ID for assistance if your interested in helping further, if not I understand.

Thanks.
Mike

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Try sngrep to see if traffic is going in and out of your box to the provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.