New to FusionPBX and to the forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifx.gabe

Apr 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am a new Fusionpbx user as well as the forum. I was using Asterisk for many years but since version 11, I found that Asterisk is lacking security! So I discovered fusinonpbx about 6 month ago, and been starting migrating all my system slowly to fusionpbx for the last 4 weeks. Of course, although I have experience in Networking, SIP, and other fundamentals in VoIP, still fusionpbx is completely new for me and I lack some very important knowledge. So I hope that, during my apprenticeship in learning this awesome system, my questions will not be bothersome to anyone.

Wish you all a great day from Indonesia...
Gabe

Reactions: DigitalDaz

smn

Jul 18, 2017
What security is Asterisk lacking?

Fusionpbx is mostly about Freeswitch just like Freepbx is mostly about Asterisk. So many times you can find answers on the Freeswitch site vs just looking on Fusion related forums.

For me, internal/external SIP profiles was one of the bigger changes I had to get used to coming from Asterisk. It's not hard to understand, just a different way of doing things compared to Asterisk world.

Last edited:
Reactions: ifx.gabe

ifx.gabe

Apr 5, 2018
@smn yes agreed fusionPBX is mostly about freeswitch and vice versa. The security issues was mainly with SIP but they change it with later version with PJSIP, I could never get my head around that! and I found that fusionpbx was much more friendly to install and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.