No inbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Hi all, starting out my journey with SIP/VOIP and FusionPBX, enjoying it so far but have hit a wall. I've got the outbound calls working, but inbound has so far eluded me. I think it's either a firewall problem or an inbound routes problem, but can't figure out where to look.

When I ring our trunk number, it rings 4 times and then hangs up. I don't see any packets being blocked on the firewall (pfSense), but there is also nothing in the log viewer that suggests there is anything being assess/routed by Fusion.

For the sake of learning how to administer the system, I'd like to know the process I should use to find the error rather than just have someone figure it out for me... though if someone wants to tell me what is wrong, I won't be ungrateful.

Thanks!

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Hi, your question has a multitude of possible answers, check the following:

1: Check your providers IP address is listed in the ACL section.
2: How are you connecting to your provider ? user/pass or IP auth ?
3: When you try in inbound call do you see anything at all in fs_cli
4: Does your inbound did digits match the destination section ?

If all else fails check your firewall again, actually go outside your network and see if the ports are actually open. Have you changed anything on the sip profile ? ie ipv4 address etc.

Hope that helps a bit..

Reactions: danilo

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Thanks! Helps a lot. I've completely re-done the setup since Saturday, and figured out quite a few more things, finally figured out after going through your list (and nothing showing on fs_cli at all) that the SIP provider was sending inbound traffic on 5060. I don't think they could change it, so I just NATted it to 5080 at the firewall and got it going.

The next problem is that if I restart freeswitch, the first inbound call comes through, but after that only outbound calls work again until I restart freeswitch again. I'm wondering if a call is not being terminated correctly? The VOIP provider I've set up the test account with doesn't seem to be the most reliable, so it could possibly be on their end, but we should have 2 channels working so I imagine that if an incorrect hangup was the problem, it should be the 3rd call that fails?

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Further, I don't know why but I think the answer to the above is that a softphone on my android device was causing the issues. Once I removed it from the system, everything appears to be working correctly, including other android devices on the same remote LAN.

For reference, the android in question was a HTC One M8 running LineageOS 14.1 using a Wooworths (Australia) SIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.