No ringback sound on inbound call to busy extention

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
So after disappearing up my own backside I realised that my issue (and it most likely isn't really an issue) when testing inbound routes to extensions with UK ringback, its working when I first test after making a change but if I drop the call from the remote end after, say, 5 rings and then try immediately again, the inbound call rings the handset fine, but the ringback tone doesn't get produced to the remote caller.

If I wait a period of time and try again it works. I thought maybe it was my mobile carrier that Im testing the call with, however I tried a call from another domain on the tenant, and that rang, then I tired immediately with my mobile again and the handset rang but not ringback.

Compounded to this, if I add the uk-ring to 2 or more inbounds to extention it stops working completely

Any ideas? Obviously a timeout somewhere?

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Apart from Ring groups, I don't normally have to set uk-ring anywhere, it is just set in the switch variables, see screenshot:
Screenshot from 2020-07-11 11-48-23.png

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Apart from Ring groups, I don't normally have to set uk-ring anywhere, it is just set in the switch variables, see screenshot:
View attachment 1612

Hi Adrian

Yes defaults set to uk like yours above. Something strange on this system, don't know if you remember but I ended up having to copy my uk voices into the us folder as Id get 90% uk voices and then it would drop a us one in randomly.

Tim

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hi Tim, Yes we suffered with the odd announcement reverting to US. Probably on voicemail, I can't exactly remember now. I solved it with the following settings:
In /etc/freeswitch/languages/en modify en.xml for Rachel
Code:
<language name="en" say-module="en" sound-prefix="$${sounds_dir}/en/gb/rachael" tts-engine="cepstral" tts-voice="rachael">

In Advanced->Variables:
Code:
default_country = GB
default_dialect = gb
default_voice = rachael
sound_prefix = $${sounds_dir}/en/gb/rachael

From my notes, I think that is all we had to do.

EDIT: Just remembered, there are a couple of .wav files that are not in the rachael sounds pack, I created them by cutting and splicing from other rachael prompts:

vm-no_answer_no_vm.wav
vm-message_from.wav

Last edited:

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Cant work it out, something in an xml file maybe that ill have to sift, Ive gone with ring groups for the ddi to get the install done tomorrow. I can choose uk-ring from the gui for the ring group. Ive created one for each inbound and stuck the single extension in it. Not pretty but works.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.