Off-hook auto-dialer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJTrain

Feb 5, 2021
Is there a way to force an extension to auto-dial a number when the receiver is taken off-hook or when dial-tone is detected?

For example, can you set up something like a dummy phone that is only set to call 1 particular number/extension when the receiver is picked up?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
That is usually a function found in the device. Most all ip phones have that feature.

TheJTrain

Feb 5, 2021
Thanks for the info. I figured there was a way to do it on the phones themselves, but was hoping there was a way to enable this for an extension in Fusion.

The scenario I'm working with is using a Grandstream GXW4104 gateway to receive calls through FXO ports and then pass them on to my domain. The problem I'm running into is that when a call goes through to the extension I set up in Fusion, I get a dial tone and can call out as that extension, so it's not really ringing to the extension, but picking up as that extension.

I'm not sure if I explained that too well, but I'll need it to automatically dial out to a ring group or another extension as soon as it "picks up" on the other end. I put in a ticket with Grandstream as well to see if I can set this on the device itself, but haven't gotten anywhere with them so far.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
It has been several years since I worked with a GXW41XX but Grandstream has a guide for configuring both types of call directions from fxo to sip and from sip to fxo. Last time I looked, their guides were for device to device (no pbx) or to an Asterisk based pbx.

I still have a 4104 and 4108 on a shelf at the office so if you don't find the answers by Tuesday, I should have time to set one up and post screenshots.

Reactions: pbxcom

TheJTrain

Feb 5, 2021
Thank you for the offer. I believe I figured it out, though. Grandstream has a guide for fxo to sip for 3CX that works for Fusion as well. I posted a screenshot from the guide in case anyone else runs into this issue. You can separate out which channels go to which extension or just send them all to the same extension/ring group.

For example, to send all calls from channels 1 - 4 to ring group 1111, you'd enter "ch1-4:1111;" in the User ID field.

1632143528826.png

I have one phone set up to do this, I use the phones dialplan for this, not sure if this will work for all phones though.

If it's the same on other phones (dialplan) then perhaps it could be provisioned which could be something added to the GUI?

pbxcom

Sep 15, 2021
It has been several years since I worked with a GXW41XX but Grandstream has a guide for configuring both types of call directions from fxo to sip and from sip to fxo. Last time I looked, their guides were for device to device (no pbx) or to an Asterisk based pbx.

I still have a 4104 and 4108 on a shelf at the office so if you don't find the answers by Tuesday, I should have time to set one up and post screenshots.
Hi @ad5ou
It's been over a month since you made the offer to set up a 4104, I wonder if you are still able to do a quick guide on how to configure these as FXO gateways for Fusion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.