Opinions: What "issues/features" drive you crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Wanted to see if there were particular things that drive y'all kinda crazy when it comes to installing a system and getting it to work for a client.

I am still playing with the system myself and have not put a client on Fusion yet but I know there are quite a few irks that FreePBX causes me.

I'm just looking to see everyone's opinion on what is troublesome for them.

Anyone?

Thanks!

ConFusious

Dec 1, 2020
Time conditions and valet park are no brainer in Asterisk but like pulling wisdom teeth in Fusion.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
I moved away from valet parking on FreePBX as well because the yealink phones wouldn't work correctly. The call park use to work great. Press call park and it parked it on the first available slot. However on later versions (yealink or asterisk) the call park would turn red which meant only one call could be parked. Dtmf is annoying to listen to if you park a lot.

Obviously valet parking is desired in a high park environment but luckily I don't come across it often.

I haven't tried getting valet parking working on Fusion. Parking directly seems to work well though.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
@ConFusious - I could agree with you on FusionPBX 4.4 and older 4.5. Some months ago time conditions presets were improved.

For me drop off valet parking is terrible because of the way it works with FreeSWITCH. You have to use attended transfer in order to know where the call was parked. This method would be better if you can see where it was parked show up on the phones screen.

The default valet park in FusionPBX is more like a parking lot. You parked it and you know where you put it combined with BLF as long as that is working this method works pretty well. This method is dependent on BLF working well for it to be useful.

I am interested in people's responses here as it may help come up with ideas to improve.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I am interested in people's responses here as it may help come up with ideas to improve.
I just use the valet_park dialplan (valet_park_in and valet_park_out disabled), then set up keys for the parking lots required using Yealink phones. Screenshot below:

Screenshot from 2021-04-14 21-25-43.png

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Yealink function Call Park used to prevent double parking now. It may still do that but its dependent on their firmware working correctly. The work around was to use function BLF if Call Park function failed to prevent call park. The best solution is Yealink fixing the bug in the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.