Page and Announce

Status
Not open for further replies.

jknox

Nov 28, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to set up a feature where a user can press a button on the phone and it will page an overhead speaker and play an announcement.

I currently have it working somewhat with a conference however I have to stay connected on the phone I dialed from and I hear the message on the phone and the speaker.

I would like to be able to just hit the button and have it page.

Ideas?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You can modify the *724 dialplan for the extension number of the speaker if this speaker isn't a proper alerter and just a phone on loud speaker.

Alternatively, if new hardware is on the cards we had a lot of success (and fun) with an ALGO SIP alerter. You can either make them do all sorts of annoying noises or just calling the extension and it booms your voice out.

jknox

Nov 28, 2021
Thanks for the response.

I have this working as well. However I would like to be able to press the key on the phone and have it broadcast and just hang up the phone extension while continuing to play the message on the load speaker.

I have this:
Code:
<extension name="sales_phrase" continue="false" uuid="921b2ec9-4ef8-46bb-bcbe-5d451c96f259">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^\*100$">
        <action application="set" data="caller_id_name=Page"/>
        <action application="set" data="caller_id_number="/>
        <action application="set" data="pin_number="/>
        <action application="set" data="destinations=1000"/>
        <action application="set" data="moderator=false"/>
        <action application="set" data="mute=true"/>
        <action application="set" data="execute_on_answer=sched_hangup +6 alloted_timeout"/>
        <action application="set" data="result=${sched_api +2 page-sound conference page-${destination_number}@${domain_name} play /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/yadda/recording156.wav"/>
        <action application="lua" data="page.lua"/>
    </condition>
</extension>

But it plays the recording back to the phone as well.

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.