Phone Goes Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
I have a Grandstream GXP2135 in an office. The phone decides on it's own to be busy. Meaning incoming calls go to voicemail. Outgoing work fine.
If I check the log of a call to this extension, I get a USER_BUSY result and it goes to voicemail. If I check active calls, it is not on a call.
The phone is registered, and keeps registering.
Checked DND, Call Forward. Nothing set.
If I reboot the phone, it works fine for a bit (this last time lasted 3 days), then goes busy again. I am running firmware 1.0.11.10

Anything I can check for? The other 6 phones in the office (same model number) all work fine.

Leaning towards bad phone, but not really sure.

Thanks

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The other possibility is the user is pressing "mute" while the phone is idle. The default Grandstream behavior is to use the microphone mute button as a Do Not Disturb button when the call is idle. Newer firmware will display on the phone that DND is active, but earlier firmware would leave you guessing.
I modified all of our Grandstream templates to disable this action. If they want a DND button, then it can be added.
Code:
<!-- # Mute Key Functions While Idle. 0 - DND, 1 - Idle Mute, 2 - Disabled. Default is 0 -->
    <!-- # Number: 0,1,2 -->
    <!-- # Mandatory -->
    <P1565>2</P1565>

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
I wondered about that, but wouldn't the phone show as DND in Follow Me?
I checked the CDR for the phone, and I can see the user dialing *78 at the end of the day on Friday. At least I think they dialed, maybe they pressed the Mute button?
And then this morning they dialed *79, and it hasn't been working since.

I am trying to get clarification on how DND was turned on, either by dialing or pressing the mute button.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
If a user turns on DND with the mute button or the internal call feature, it won't show up in Fusion.
Most of the Fusion templates turn off "call features" in the phone to force * codes to dial into the PBX for DND/FollowMe etc but if the call features are on, it could be a mixed bag on if the feature is turned on at the PBX or turned on in the phone itself.

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
So looks like I spoke too soon. Seems that even using *78/*79 to enable/disable DND is not working correctly.

It looks like if it is done for a short period of time, it works. But if DND is enabled for a long time (over an hour), dialling *79 does not disable it within Fusion. The phone shows it is not on DND, as does Fusion through the Follow Me screen, but incoming calls are sent to voicemail. The phone has to be rebooted for it to work properly again.

They are running on Fusion 4.4.6 (I know, time for an upgrade), so not sure if that is the problem or not.

Thanks

rnpsh19

Jan 27, 2019
I like fusion's provisioning templates, but for Grandstream devices GDMS.cloud provides a lot of insight into the phones. You can look up the phone and see if it has DND enabled from a simple overview screen. You can also save the logs a lot easier from the troubleshooting menu. Just makes life a lot easier with their phones. Only certain models work with GDMS, but the GXP2135 and 2170 work well. For what it is worth.

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
Like rnpsh19 I use GDMS; however, you can use the Mute button if you disable Local Calling Features and set *77 as DnD On/Off.
It will then dial into FusionPBX and set DnD there as well as the red stop sign on the screen.
I set it up like this:
XML:
<P191>{$grandstream_local_featurecode}</P191>
<P2344>{$grandstream_dnd_code}</P2344>
<P2345>{$grandstream_dnd_code}</P2345>
For all accounts find P-Lines or you can set individually by using grandstream_account1_dnd_toggle then set the value *77 in Profile for all Grandstream GXP devices.
You could use statement like this if you want:
XML:
{if isset($grandstream_account1_dnd_toggle)}
<P2344>{$grandstream_account1_dnd_toggle}</P2344>
{else}
<P2344>0</P2344>
This is for forgetful :) and you won't need to add in in Profile. I usually use this to toggle, for example, in Settings/Programmable Keys / Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys Settings -> Call Screen Settings -> Key Mode. 1 - Line Mode, 2 - Account Mode. I prefer Account mode compared to Line mode which is replica of the old roll-over. Account is so much nicer and easier for multi extensions, but for some reasons some people just want 4 or 6 lines and to see them ... I also use it for several other settings that might be asked by Cx. They released new files recently, so I need to go through them. Noticed huge improvments while looking into GRP and some fixes like forgetting to add Account 6 validation for GXP2170 so it plaster that Account under Feature soft button ... :D
Useful for GAC2500, older DP710, GXW400X series, GDS Door, WP810 (the current fw does not have ACS, so you need to either use Fusion or as I did use Beta firmware), or if you have even older HTx86 series for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.