SOLVED Polycom doesn't hang up

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
When calling a Polycom phone and the calling party hangs up before the call is answered, the Polycom does not acknowledge the 487 termination request and continues to ring. If, on another call, it is answered and the calling party hangs up, the Polycom does hang up.

This doesn't appear to be a network issue as a Yealink phone on the same network behaves properly. What could be causing this?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Comparing a couple of packet traces Yealink vs polycom may help you work out what is happening.

A BYE is effectively an in-dialogue request because it has a to tag where as a CANCEL does not, it may or may not be significant in your case.

I have found also that Yealink phones can be very tolerant of malformed packets.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Comparing a couple of packet traces Yealink vs polycom may help you work out what is happening.

A BYE is effectively an in-dialogue request because it has a to tag where as a CANCEL does not, it may or may not be significant in your case.

I have found also that Yealink phones can be very tolerant of malformed packets.
On IRC chat, I'm told it is a NAT and/or ALG issue with the Comcast router

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
On IRC chat, I'm told it is a NAT and/or ALG issue with the Comcast router
It does sound like a NAT related issue, I always disable ALG or SIP helper on the router if I can. Sometimes just so I can understand exactly what the router is doing, I will packet capture on the LAN and WAN side simultaneously so I can see what changes have been made to Contact headers, Via headers and SDP bodies etc.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Unfortunately, ALG cannot be disabled on a Comcast router. We may have to get our own router and use the Comcast router in bridge mode.

benw

Jan 21, 2019
if your on fs 1.8.5 there is a known nat issue and i have seen this popup on polycoms but randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.