Queue - Daily Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Hello,

Is there a way in fusionpbx to set a daily limit of callers that can be sent to a queue on a daily basis? Not how many can be in the queue at once, but total callers to enter a queue that day, or be transferred to a queue.

Almost like a counter and if statement of sorts

Thanks in advance for any tips

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
No tips for this its currently not possible. It would development work to make it possible.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
AIC, look at redis, you should be able to quite easily work this out in redis. Redis can expire keys so you could easily create one that expired at midnight and was incremented everytime a call came in. Gotta say, that is one weird request though :)

I limit concurrent calls in all the time but have never been asked about a fixed amount, what would you do, just ditch the rest?

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I think Redis is an option but that I don't think its needed for this. FreeSWITCH has a feature called limit that could be used in the dialplan. The custom changes in the dialplan for the queue would get overwritten in the queue when it gets updated so that brings us back to needing some custom development. On a side note Redis if using it custom development is again necessary but in this case there is more work to do.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Yep, there's probably gonna be some lua involved somewhere along the line.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Thanks guys, I really enjoy keeping my FusionPBX as vanilla as possible - that way we don't have to worry about overwrites etc. It's good to know it's not possible though, as I agree; the practical sense of the request is very odd!

Status
Not open for further replies.