Queue vs Call Center ||

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I have two questions. The first: Why is there a queue menu option? From what I have found, it isn't a real thing.
Second: I setup a call center queue and added an extension. When I do a test call (for simulation) and it rings the phone but I do not answer the phone, the phone shows a missed call. I had this issue when I setup FreePBX and quickly fixed it with a setting. I am not seeing an option for this in FusionPBX nor any search results on the docs, Google, or even this forums that discuss this. Is it possible to not show the call as missed?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The queue options are fifo queue they have hardly been used by anyone that I know of and I think some settings need to still be done outside the GUI.

With regards to missed calls, I'm unsure how doable it is or isn't. Firstly there is the argument that the phone rang, you didn't answer it, why shouldn't it be a missed call.

I don't know how call center handles this, I have never looked. The way it is handled in ring groups is that a CANCEL request is sent to cancel the INVITE this contains a reason code of call completed elsewhere and that is what stops the missed call.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I don't know how call center handles this, I have never looked. The way it is handled in ring groups is that a CANCEL request is sent to cancel the INVITE this contains a reason code of call completed elsewhere and that is what stops the missed call.
This is sounding familiar. I'd say it is the same exact way a queue does it. I'll add this to things to search for. Thanks!

Last edited:

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
In a proper call centre environment there shouldn't be missed calls so you want them all logged. For example in a true call centre environment you wouldn't use a "Ring All", you would use something else like "Longest Idle" when an agent steps away from their desk they need to log out as an agent.

If you're not a true call centre and just want to use a queue the missed call notification on the handset is a handset option for example I know with Yealink T4 and T5 series you can disable missed call notification.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
It is not a call center environment. The queue is used to allow callers to wait, should the agents/reps/receptionist be busy. The reason for the ring all is because in several environments, phones are needed in multiple locations yet it is only one or two people there. If only one phone rang and they were on the other side of the building, the phone beside them would be useless.
It is rare callers wait a long time in the environments I am currently looking at, but should they hang up, they hung up. Otherwise they will get someone or a collected voicemail after a few minutes should the wait be "long". If it is missed and they do not leave a message, then the record can be found in FusionPBX (is that what I am seeing on the main dashboard)?

I am currently leaning towards Grandstream for a few reasons: Cloud management, affordability, and they seem pretty solid. I'll take a look at those Yealinks though, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.