ran update on 4.5.12 via web gui, no more web

I went to run a source code and schema update via the webgui on my dev install 4.5.12, and it just went to a PHP error page, I did not get a screen grab of the error but right after this, I just got a HTTP ERROR 500 when trying to access the web gui. was a bit stumped at what to do when you cant get any kind of response at this point. I rolled back to my last snapshot and was back up in a few mins but wondering how to troubleshoot this.

freeswitch was still running and calls looked to be working so I think it was just the web interface aspect. I have updated this install before via the web, so its odd

anyideas?
 

markjcrane

Active Member
Staff member
If you run Advanced -> Upgrade -> Source or when using git pull.
You may see the following symptoms.

Browser Symptoms
  • The code will error and you will see a blank page
    • The merge conflict breaks the syntax and result is the blank page.
Console symptoms
You may see this just after running a git pull from /var/www/fusionpbx
  • CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict

The following will fix this issue.

cp -R /var/www/fusionpbx /var/www/fusionpbx-20200327
cd /var/www/fusionpbx
git fetch origin
git reset --hard origin/master
git pull
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/fusionpbx

WARNING: This will work for most people. Un-tracked files should be safe. However if you manage your own customization's for files tracked by Git you will likely need to do more to fix this issue.
 
Last edited:
thanks for the reply Mark, i did not actually get any kind of fusion generated error page, it went to a white page with a php error at the top, then the entire web interface would no longer work. I have updated this install before via the web GUI, and I resolved any conflicts for that to work so figured it would be fine this time. I can try doing the update once more and I will screen shot what I see this time
 
So I ran it once more, and it just went straight to the HTTP ERROR 500 page and no more web interface. I tried your steps above and it brought it back, it had error source update failed at the top, but I see in the dashboard its reporting 4.5.13

re ran the update via the web now and it says up-to-date, so that sorted it, cheers Mark!
 
Last edited:

markjcrane

Active Member
Staff member
The answer is still the same I just need to add your symptom to the list. The git merge conflict adds characters to the files that break the syntax and throws and error and then you are getting a blank screen from it. You need to go to the command line and run the commands that I shared.